Boneless Pork Sirloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickerdoodle

Senior Cook
So the new sale flyer came out today for our grocery store (love Wednesdays!) and I see that boneless pork sirloins are on sale for $1.99/lb. 2 questions. What is the average size of these? And of course, what are your favorite ways to serve this? This would be another first for me. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: it's a roast, not sure if that is pertinant information or not... I'm still learning :)

Last edited:
Usually about 2lbs or so. They can be larger. I brine mine for an hour or so, cover with either lemon pepper or cracked pepper and salt and just roast. Make a yummy gravy to go with. I've also poked slivers of garlic into the roast - good but more work. My latest plan (haven't had time for this one yet) is to roast it with a PILE of garlic cloves, potatoes and carrots underneath and make a delicious gravy with the garlic.

I don't buy this cut often. You could use it to make chili or kebabs. I have bought the sirloins as steaks and grilled them. Never cooked one as a roast.

Usually about 2lbs or so. They can be larger. I brine mine for an hour or so, cover with either lemon pepper or cracked pepper and salt and just roast. Make a yummy gravy to go with. I've also poked slivers of garlic into the roast - good but more work. My latest plan (haven't had time for this one yet) is to roast it with a PILE of garlic cloves, potatoes and carrots underneath and make a delicious gravy with the garlic.

That sounds so good, Alix!!! And I just woke up....ummm garlic gravy:pig:

I don't brine mine but do roast it with lemon pepper. My family likes it that way. I've also sliced it and grilled like pork chops in the summer.

I can't decide what sounds better, the teriyaki kabobs or garlic gravy!! Mmmmm... keep 'em coming! You guys always post better "results" than Google LOL

You could do kebabs or steaks with a different marinade. Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and pepper.

Back
Top Bottom