Boston Butt Pork Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marfoody

Assistant Cook
Can anyone tell me the difference between a "BOSTON" pork butt roast, and just a "Pork butt roast, without the word BOSTON in it's name. I saw a recipe recently on the Food Network, and could not find a pork butt roast at my market with the word BOSTON on it. HELP. Thanks [/i][/u]

Re: Boston pork butt roast

Marlene Mueller said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between a "BOSTON" pork butt roast, and just a "Pork butt roast, without the word BOSTON in it's name. I saw a recipe recently on the Food Network, and could not find a pork butt roast at my market with the word BOSTON on it. HELP. Thanks [/i][/u]
Boston Butt, Pork Butt, Shoulder Picnic, and Shoulder Butt are exaclty the same thing. Only difference is the region of the country you're in. These cuts are all shoulder cuts, the "butt" is the shape as opposed to the lower part of the leg which is the "shank" portion. Look at hams, they're marked "butt and shank.' Either way you say it, this is one of the most flavorful pieces of meat you can buy. Long, slow cooking is the secret.

My butcher says it's the same thing (but it always seems to cost more when it's advertised as "Boston" for some reason).

Back
Top Bottom