Can I Re-Freeze a Ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think so. We get unfrozen precooked ham and freeze the leftovers, along with the bone for soup later.

Done many of times, I take some of it a dice it up and put in small Ziploc bags for soups or small dice for omelets or scrambled eggs, casseroles etc.
Then put slices in several bags for diff uses, ham steaks for breakfast or scallop potatoes and ham

I'd cut it up into meal portions first, so you don't have to keep thawing and refreezing it.

And add reheating it in-between.
I might take something out to semi-thaw, cut some off for that meal and then refreeze the rest. Butchers do that all the time, keep their meats in a semi-frozen state, but the cooking in-between... I don't know... It's probably OK for ham, as it's smoked/cooked anyway.

But truth be told. Of course you can refreeze it. Just stick it back in the freezer. Then if you decide to throw it out it won't stink up the garbage like it would if it was thawed. :LOL:

Agree with all the above. I love my Foodsaver to seal up meal-size slices (we get a spiral cut ham from DH's work every year) and seal the bone separately.

We bought a frozen pre-cooked ham. I defrosted it, heated it up for supper and now have leftovers. Can I re-re-freeze it?
If you reheated it thoroughly and cooled it quickly but if you just warmed it up then you are looking for trouble if you refreeze. Throwing up for 24 hours plus is not something to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom