Cattleman's Gold Sauce ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennyema

Chef Extraordinaire
Cattleman's Gold Sauce .... I bet you could make something like this yourself. Or maybe one of the mustard-based hot sauces out there has similar ingredients?

LIST OF INGREDIENTS
Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Water, No. 1 Grade Mustard Seed, Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Wheat, Soybeans, Natural Smoke Flavor, Turmeric, Paprika, Mustard Bran, Oleoresin Paprika, Sodium Benzoate (less than 0.1% as a preservative), Spice, Molasses, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Natural Flavor.

Or you can always buy it in gallon jugs! GB -- how much does your wife like those wings?:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Jenny. I had actually considered buying the large jug. My wife would have married me all over again if I did that :)

I actually got the list of ingredients once. When I called the 99's I told them that I was in their restaurant with my son (I don't really have a son and this was well before I had a daughter too) and he ate some of the Gold Fever Wings and had an allergic reaction. I said that his doctor wanted to try to figure out what caused the reaction and that the only thing he had eaten that day was Gold Fever Wings. The manager was very accomidating and told me that all they do is put Cattlemens Gold on the wings and he then proceeded to read the list of ingredients.

Yes I was very shady and I hope Karma does not come and bite me in the butt for lying to him about my "son". :angel:

Geeb's, I'll answer your question about the Gold sauce here instead of over on the Pulled Pork Thread.

I have no idea what the "99" chain is. Never heard of it. Sorry.

I could buy the gallon jug off my boss (at cost, at that :ROFLMAO: ). The only problem is, is that I just don't really have space in refrigerator for it, at this time. Hopefully soon, though, I'll be getting my MIL's refridgerator over here, and I will definitely make sure that I can but a bottle of that stuff in there :LOL:

Sounds like you're learning the tricks, GB! :LOL: Restaurant owners are so afraid of getting sued they'll tell you anything you want to know about the ingredients - just not the actual recipe.

Allen - "99" is a chain of restaurant & pubs in the New England area. I think in the "old days" it would have been called a "road house" - in fact when I was there I think it was called a road house. Quaint, but not too fussy with trying to overwhelm you with decore - they have a slightly rustic feel with fantastic food at a very affordable price. Down here in TX we have something "similar" called "Steak and Ale" - but they put the emphasis on ambiance. In fact, in the 4 weeks that I spent in Mass - I ate there 2-3 times a week. I got twice the food for half the price for the same thing back home!

I remember Steak and Ale, although I never ate there.

I prefer the places that like to focus on food, not the ambience.

AllenMI said:
I prefer the places that like to focus on food, not the ambience.
I am with ya Allen! The 99's now are just like any other chain restaurant (think TGI Fridays). They do make a decent burger though and they have inexpensive beers. It is a great place to go if you don't want to spend a lot of $ and also a great place to bring kids as they have a lot of kid friendly meals.

The 99's have had more than their share of Irish mob murders, however.:ohmy: Esp. the original one on Rt. 99 in Charlestown.

"The steak tips here are to die for. On Nov. 6, 1995, four alleged goodfellas were killed (and one was injured) while getting ready for a huge mid-day meal of steak tips. "There was so much beef spread out in front of the five victims that their table-top resembled a cattle drive,'' Mike Barnicle of the Globe wrote at the time."

GB, do you have a United Grocers or Cash & Carry near by? They are like a Costco and sell wholesale to small businesses. But they also sell to the public. Anyways, the one by my house carries Cattlemen's sauce (I think it's the classic one). I don't know if it's the type you are looking for...It comes in a big ole bottle though. GREAT on hotlinks. :pig:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom