Desperately seeking Bratwurst Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds just mouth watering! Thanks for the idea!
:):) Thanks, I made it up myself the apples help sweeten the kraut a little bit and the more you caramelize onions also makes it better I like to take a little water to deglaze pan brats cooked in to put in the other pan also the browning from the brats add more flavor to the kraut it will look kind of brown when done. Oh and ya don't forget the mustard. If you are really ambitious you can make a nice onion sauce for mashed potatoes. I also do the same with knockwurst. Of course I also like grilled sausages on a toasted hogie bun with kraut, swiss cheese and mustard or any other way for that matter.
;) You can take a German out of Germany but you can't take Germany out of a German.:LOL:

:) I like to cook them this way I sauté onions and sliced green apples in butter until brown then add some sauerkraut meanwhile sauté in another pan brats until light brown add to the onion, apples and kraut add a little water cover pan and lightly simmer about ten minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or potato salad or just some nice dark rye bread.

I agree with Quicksilver! I am doing this on Saturday for friends (that should use up a good number of those brats!

I agree with Quicksilver! I am doing this on Saturday for friends (that should use up a good number of those brats!

:) Cool, don't be afraid to use a good amount of onions and a fair amount of apple. Knowing you you will figure it out I also like the best brand of kraut I can get. Oh and by the way it's quite good with pierogis as well I remember you like pierogis.

Okay, some people have been asking what the final scoop is on these pesky sausages!

I ate one for lunch yesterday grilled with some onions and mustard on a bun.

I have reserved 10 of them to make jp's apple kraut dish for a dinner party tomorrow.

I sliced up 5 and am sticking them into spaghetti sauce for tonight's supper (hoping DH won't realize what they are).

I made up 5 bags of them cooked with peppers and onions to use for buns or whatever in the future, which used up 20 more.

Of the last 15 I sliced up 8 and put them in bags for using in soups, frittatas, etc. and the final seven are frozen whole (IQF'd) in case I want to grill them or whatever.

And that is the whole 51!!!

Thanks everyone for helping out in my time of need. Next time I find myself swimming in brautwurst, I will know what to do!

Well...

Swimming in them is an idea no one had...

Though the rest of em seem to be good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom