Help with another idea for pork tenderlion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
OK...I have that peppercorn 1.5 lb pork tenderloin. I think I want to use the crock put for it since I will not leave the oven on all day when no ones is home.

So....What can I do with Uncle Ben's wild rice and this tenderloin in the crock pot?

OK...I have that peppercorn 1.5 lb pork tenderloin. I think I want to use the crock put for it since I will not leave the oven on all day when no ones is home.

So....What can I do with Uncle Ben's wild rice and this tenderloin in the crock pot?

Hi, Angie. As someone mentioned before, pork tenderloin is quite tender already, so if it's cooked in a crock pot all day, it will overcook and will be tough and dry. It really takes very little time to cook it either on the stovetop or in the oven. I would go with one of those options. HTH.

A tenderloin only takes about 30 minutes to cook. Either on the grill and keep rotating or on a grill pan and finish in the oven. The rice can be cooked when needed or even the day before. No crockpot needed! :chef:

Aside from all of that you say you don't want to leave your oven on all day - - - - your oven is not needed. And aside from ALL of that :LOL: the meal you have in mind won't take that long, which IS a wonderful thing! :):cool:

The pork tenderloin is the same cut of meat as the tenderloin for beef, which is where filet mignon comes from. You should consider cooking methods that make best use of the meat's qualities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom