Honey and mustard ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaspa

Assistant Cook
i have this on my dinner when i go out but can never get it right in the house how do i make it cheers for any help

toon army!!!

Hi Jaspa,

I don't like the combination of honey and mustard, so I can't help, but hopefully someone will have a recipe for you soon. Have you tried doing a search?

:) Barbara

I would just mix some liquid honey through a commercial wholegrain or plain mustard. Enough to get the taste/consistency you are after. I guess you could add a little mayo or cream if it is for immediate use as well.:chef:

I've done this with pre-bought ham slices......I take 1 tbsp. each of honey, dijon mustard and apricot jam. After stirring all the ingredients together I taste it and add a little more of of one or all of the ingredients to get the exact flavor I like.

I don't see why you couldn't do it without the apricot jam......personally I like it that way....its also really good with orange marmalade.

I have a ham steak that we're eating tonight that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I was thinking of doing maple and mustard, similar to what you're looking for. I was just going to combine maple syrup, dijon mustard and maybe some orange juice, still not exactly sure.

3/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
this is a good ratio - but, play with it. You might add a little olive oil also if you brush the ham before cooking.

cheers for all the help going to try it on monday i just put cloves in it the other day made a nice change

How do you guys feel about using dried mustard instead of the whole stuff? Might give it quite a bit more bite when combined with the honey!

Back
Top Bottom