Honey Baked Ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Has anyone ever ordered a Honey Baked Ham ? My oldest son wants to order one for Easter. I think they are very expensive and not sure if I want to go that route. I have always had good luck with my Dinner Bell for years - Kids ! :ROFLMAO:

Yes, Barb, I have had a Honey Baked ham. It is expensive, but very tasty. It has a sweet crispy crust (no glaze or sauce needed) and is very tender. It is fully cooked and can be served at room temp or heated in the oven (directions come with it). Also, it comes pre-sliced -- there is definitely no fuss or muss with this ham. If you do order one, you may always freeze leftovers (if there are any) and definitely use the bone for soup or beans. When you pick up your ham, there are several types of mustards and side dishes available in the store. You might want to try one. Although, I don't order it that often (we have a tradition of fresh pork roast or lamb for Easter), it is easy and everyone likes it -- always great for a buffet or large group. I attended an anniversary party not long ago (large crowd) and they had THREE Honey Baked Hams on the buffet table -- very little was left! You might just "bite the bullet" this time and give it a try then you will know for sure if you want to order it again. Have a Happy Easter!

They are very good and very expensive.

We buy the Costco Kirkland Signature spiral cut ham (made by Carando) and they are also very good and a lot less expensive.

I love Honey Baked ham but I have trouble legitimizing the cost, also. I've found that I can buy a small/medium 1/2 for about $30 and that's fine for about 4 people, with enough meat leftover for sandwiches and salads.

I may buy a spiral cut ham and try the copycat recipe: Honey Baked Ham (Copy Cat) Recipe | Recipezaar

The savings would be quite substantial. :)

Thanks all for your response, I may have to try one - Son said he would go half with me ! Still up in the air, there is a Honey Baked Store in Toledo where he lives, so he could just pick one up- no shipping ! ;)

Barb, while I've never ordered from HBH, their food is delish. (I used to p/u their sammiches when I lived & worked close by.) I almost ordered around Thanksgiving, but waited too long to place an order, & they were just about sold out. This morning I heard on the news, one of the major markets here voted to go out on strike. When this happened, about 3 years ago, the other major chains followed - and some of the food shelves were almost bare. I may place an order this year -- high cost or not.

Here's a link:

HoneyBaked Ham® - Honey Baked Ham, Turkey Breast, Pork, BBQ, Desserts

We get a honey baked ham from the HBH store about once a year. They sometime put out coupons for $5 off and then we buy the smallest ham they have. Its a splurge but its so yummy and it makes great sandwiches too. I love the fact its pre-sliced. Especially for a crowd or on a buffet, it is delicious, easy and everyone loves it.

Help i lost the cooking direction

I bought a Kirkland spiral ham from costco and I can't seem to find the directions that were attached to the ham i took them off and set them a side but there no where to be found someone please help. This is my very first thanksgiving were I actually have to cook everything and host by myself I'm so stressed out if anyone has them I'd really appreciate the help thanks..

I bought a Kirkland spiral ham from costco and I can't seem to find the directions that were attached to the ham i took them off and set them a side but there no where to be found someone please help. This is my very first thanksgiving were I actually have to cook everything and host by myself I'm so stressed out if anyone has them I'd really appreciate the help thanks..

Did it have a glaze packet or just a ham? If there's no glaze, you pretty much just warm the ham. I set mine in a small amount of water and cover it. Bake at 325 about 20 min a lb for a partially cookedone, 10 min for fully cooked. The glaze packets usually just require a couple TB of water, you pour / brush it over the top about 20 before its done, cooking uncovered.

Your first TG and you have to do everything yourself! Very brave but I really want to come help you out!! :ohmy:
Don't stress, it's only food. Everyone will eat.

Read this.

Prepare the Perfect Ham - Allrecipes

Last edited:
We have a hony baked ham store 30 mi from us and we stopped there one day and they gave us all kinds of tasting samples. The ham peice they gave us was very ggod so we brought a 1/4 ham (just 2 of us now) yes it was very expensive. Heated it through the next day for dinner and hubbie said we must of been hungry when we had the sample cause this isn't inpressing me now. Its ok but your is better. we never got another.
i still get their catalogs and mailing. Ican't get then to stop sending them.

I was thinking too (more coffee) that if you aren't sure about the glaze packet (if you have one) that you could always just throw it away and make your own. There are several at Allrecipes.com and elsewhere.

I did buy the Honey Baked ham last year, it was good but too expensive. One try and now I just do my own, so much cheaper and always good.

How did your first Thanksgiving end up mongelmo?

Has anyone ever ordered a Honey Baked Ham ? My oldest son wants to order one for Easter. I think they are very expensive and not sure if I want to go that route. I have always had good luck with my Dinner Bell for years - Kids ! :ROFLMAO:

You will enjoy it.. Very tasty..

Back
Top Bottom