How I cooked our New Year's pork loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd_1138

Sous Chef
I don't like stringy meat, so I cut the 3 pound boneless pork loin in half against the grain. Then I rubbed salt/pepper/light brown sugar on all 6 sides of each of the 2 pieces, and seared them off in the cast iron skillet.

Then I layered it into the crockpot -- a layer of sauerkraut with some light brown sugar and pepper, then I placed one of the pork pieces on top, then another layer of sauerkraut/seasonings, then the other piece of pork and topped off with more sauerkraut.

It came out great -- lots of flavor and no long pieces of stringy meat. I think I will do this for pot roast too. Maybe not sear it but definitely cut against the grain.

Sounds fantastic.
How long did you cook it?
I am planning to do my Pork chops and sauerkraut recipe in my Instantpot soon. I need to figure out how long to PC it.

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic.
How long did you cook it?
I am planning to do my Pork chops and sauerkraut recipe in my Instantpot soon. I need to figure out how long to PC it.

8 hours on low of a lot faster in the Instantpot. Ha. Yeah it makes everything better.

You cut it in half horizontally ? Recipe sounds very good, and I love using my crock pot.

Yeah against the grain, so the meat doesn't come out stringy. You have to use a large sharp knife. Helps if someone can hold the meat for you as you cut it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom