How long does tenderloin need in crockpot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I have already searched and only found a few things that people have cooked slowly overnight, but, I don't have that long. I can cook it in the oven if need be, but, would rather put it in the crock for a few hours, if possible? There are 2 @ 2 lbs each in a bbq marinade. It is 3:30 here now, we eat at 6:30 - 7 pm normally. Any ideas? Or just forget it for today and cook it on my next day off? Thought I would try something new for DH besides chicken.

jennyema said:
Tenderloin shouldn't be cooked in a crockpot, IMO. It's a TENDERloin after all.

Roast it or grill it.

That's fine, but, no roasting pan, so, advise please:)

Andy M. said:
Do you have an oven-proof skillet?

No, my stainless steel pan was lost by my lovely older son when he moved back home. Actually, he left it at his old place. I have a turkey pan, but, it awfully big for 2 small tenderloins.

so, can I just wrap it up in foil and cook it a few hours then? It should retain it's juices that way, right?

Are you trying to cook the tenderloin to well done? Most recipes I’ve seen, and all of the ones I’ve done, call for searing the loin, then only cook the tenderloin in the oven 20 – 30 minutes to an internal temperature of 120. Let it rest 5 – 10 minutes so the residual heat finishes it off, and you should have a perfect medium rare.

Edited to add: Whoops, I was talking about a BEEF Tenderloin!

For a Pork Tenderloin, I always grill them. It only takes about 20 – 25 minutes over medium high coals. I flip it/roll it every 6 or so minutes, and it always comes out great.

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
so, can I just wrap it up in foil and cook it a few hours then? It should retain it's juices that way, right?

I think you'd overcook it that way, frankly. It doesn't have a lot of fat and will dry out.

This is a pork tenderloin, right?

Dry heat, uncovered. 325 or 350. Check after about 1 1/2 hours. Should get to 155 for slightly pink and 170 for well done.

jennyema said:
Tenderloin shouldn't be cooked in a crockpot, IMO. It's a TENDERloin after all.

Roast it or grill it.

I couldn't agree more!! Pork tenderloin cooked in a crock pot would be very high on my list of things not to do!

Sear in a oven proof pan, (cast iron) run it in the oven for a few, and you are good to go. Sliced into medallions it makes excellent K-Bobs on the grill. This is hot, fast and dry heat meat.

Please don't cook it well done, you need that juice to be tender, slightly pink is just fine. I have over cooked mine on the grill a few times, was ok, but not the greatest. If you roast it at 350' I would check it after an hour or so. Just my personal take on this, not a chef.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!! Unfortunately, no grill, I would love that if I had one though. Never did get that for DH as his illness came first. I will put in oven til just slightly pink left. Thank you again!!

Thanks for posting all the info Uncle Bob, jennyema and Barb L. No wonder mine always came out horrible - I was cooking them for hours in the slow cooker. I did brown them first and even cut little slits and put garlic cloves in there (saw that once on TV). I guess I thought that the slow cooker was supposed to make all meat juicy and tender - something I could never manage in the oven. Now I can't wait to make another one.

BTW Because of your avatar Uncle Bob, I always hear your posts in my head as if Rhett Butler was speaking to me. Hence your posts carry great weight because I'm sure that Rhett would never lead me down the wrong path! :LOL:

Terry

Terry My Dear...

I can assure you, with all honesty, that I would never intentionally lead a lady down the wrong path!! ;)

"Rhett" er:ermm: Uncle Bob

:LOL:

For pork tenderloin I take the silver skin off as carefully as I can so I don't lose any meat and then I wrap mine in slab bacon or apple wood smoked bacom and roast till I get a internal temp. of 135-140 let rest for 15 minutes and carve on the diaganol for pretty presentation. the Bacon will baste the loin and helps to keep it juicy Good Eating

Dave Hutchins said:
For pork tenderloin I take the silver skin off as carefully as I can so I don't lose any meat and then I wrap mine in slab bacon or apple wood smoked bacom and roast till I get a internal temp. of 135-140 let rest for 15 minutes and carve on the diaganol for pretty presentation. the Bacon will baste the loin and helps to keep it juicy Good Eating

Thanks Dave, I will definitely try this - sounds yummy. And the males in my house love anything wrapped in bacon.
Terry

Back
Top Bottom