How would you fix them, CHOPS, Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mayor

Assistant Cook
I've got 6 boneless pork loin chops. How would you guy's fix them? Oh, and what two side dishes? When I fix them they dry out somewhat. Normally I just pan fry, rolled in flour with S&P. Need to come up with something for dinner.! Got canned veggies & potatoe's! Thank's! Dave

I just sprinkle with salt and pepper then sear them on each side cover and put them in the oven and cook until they reach 165 degrees. Never had them end up dry doing it that way. I then use a cherry apple glaze.

For the sauce I just mix equal parts of cherry preserves and apple jelly. Yummy stuff.

Kadesma, I'm trying your recipe. I think I might have used to big of onions? I had about 1" of onion in the pan yet when I put the chops in. More onions than cream, and I tripled the cream because of this. I guess I'll see it's still simmering.

Kadesma, I'm trying your recipe. I think I might have used to big of onions? I had about 1" of onion in the pan yet when I put the chops in. More onions than cream, and I tripled the cream because of this. I guess I'll see it's still simmering.

You will NOT regret this choice!! That is my favorite recipe for chops!!!

Mayor,
the onions will cook down and any extra sauce can be used again to put over rice the next day, add a salad and veggie and your set..Thanks for letting me know and I hope you enjoy the recipe.
kadesma

Kadesma, your recipe is good. I had a good reply typed and lost it. My wife and 17 year old daughter act like they don't like onions. My daughter didn't want her chop cooked in the onions, so I just pan fried it for her. She made white rice to go with the chops. She cubed up her chop, rough chopped a green pepper and sauted it in a pan. When I was in the other room she stole some of my onions & cream sauce. She must have tasted it and liked it.;) My wife scraped the onion off her chop and ate it, ask for half of another one and if I could leave the onions on it this time.;) I had to sub half&half for the cream but that seemed to work alright. The cream sauce & onions mixed with the white rice and chops, oh so good! I don't know if it added any flavor, but the green pepper my daughter added to her dish sure added a nice color to her dish. Might be an add on to the recipe! Now they are telling me the house smells like onions! Great smell! Anyway, next time I think I'll use smaller onions or one or two less so I end up with a little more cream and a little less onions. Thanks so much for responding, great recipe!:) Mayor

Mayor,
thank you for letting me know about the recipe. I'm so pleased that you liked it.Isn't it fun to try a recipe and then the next time add some of your own choices to it? If your family likes mushrooms you can add sliced ones to it and its lovely.thanks again
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom