I bought some pork sirloin boneless, family style chops...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
$4.99 for 1.25 lbs., not much fat, and of course no bones. $3.99/lb. It seemed like a good buy for a cut with a lot of meat and not much fat and no bone... All I can guess is that "country style" means they're not neatly cut with regular cut even width sections.

What can I cook with these?

$4.99 for 1.25 lbs., not much fat, and of course no bones. $3.99/lb. It seemed like a good buy for a cut with a lot of meat and not much fat and no bone... All I can guess is that "country style" means they're not neatly cut with regular cut even width sections.

If they are cut thick enough, I will sometimes cut a pocket and stuff them with dried apricots. Season with cinnamon/clove mixture, pepper. Bake till still slightly pink.

Max dimension is about 5/8". Of the three, one is about 1/4-1/8" thick. Not my ideal, I bought them on price. I figure $5 worth of meat home cooked will always beat restaurant.

You could make a chili verde. I made some the other day with tomatillos and a variety of green chiles.

Or a mock al pastor in a red chile sauce. It makes a great taco filling with grilled pineapple.

Or a pinoy pork BBQ (a Filipino dish) cooked on the grill.

Brown them with salt and pepper, throw in some sliced onions, half a can of sauerkraut (sweet Bavarian is nice) and some sliced apples. A can of cream of something, or if you're a purist, some beef or chicken boullion or stock. Cover and cook until tender.

Serve over mashed potatoes or rice, or whatever your preferred starch.

Last edited:
We use that cut for Sunday gravy.
Cut into chunks and season. Brown very, very well.
Simmer slow with marinara or make a red sauce. We keep marinara on hand.
Serve with pasta and homemade garlic bread, toast, rolls or sticks.

I like the bone personally. So we rarely cook them as is. Lots of meat though!

Thanks Andy. Actually any chili makes sense. I'll have to look up the pinoy recipe.

Thanks for your idead DL but as food tolerant as I am (almost everything) sauerkraut is one of my few "can't stand" items.

Thanks Roll Bones, marinara sounds like a possibliity. Hey they're on the bones. Too late to make them put them back. This was a "special" deal.

Anybody got any barbecue ideas? Particularlly if I can combine with my favorite: KC Masterpiece?

Back
Top Bottom