ISO Choux "non-stuffed" pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
Several years ago I came across a recipe that was thin sliced pork cutlets that had {as near as I can tell} a savory choux with procuitto and other flavorings mixed in, cooled and packed onto the pork, breaded and shallow fried. I looked in all my cooking mags but could not find it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so could you share either the name or a recipe for it?

Thanks! PTop

It's hard to explain, I recall it being a savory "choux" type of thing. When cooled and all other ingredients are added, it is pressed into the thin sliced pork, breaded with the standard breading and shallow fried. The end result leaves the "choux" very smooth, creamy and studded with procuitto while the outside is nice and crunchy. A real treat! Maybe it is more of a extra thick pastry cream??:huh:

Thanks! P Top

Added afterthought.......it was a flour based mixture.

Last edited:
Bolas..Schnitzel is a recipe that I cook often with chicken, cordon bleu is not what I am after as this is not a stuffed application. It is more of a modified croquet. Thank you though.

I've never seen anything like this... but I for one am really hoping you'll try it and give us the results! Cheese of some sort added to the choux mixture with the proscuitto?

Parma I think..........I spent the better part of Thursday searching through all and I do mean ALL my cooking mags and an extensive web search. Sadly I couldn't find it. I know that it is not something that I would have tossed out. If I had more baking knowledge I could come up with something close.........

huh. Frustrating. Choux dough is so sticky... do you think additional flour is added after cooking the choux paste in order to be able to, as you say, pack it onto the pork cutlets?

I have had a couple of those day-long searches for something I saw somewhere in a magazine or cookbook... not fun... unless you find something else in the process?

Back
Top Bottom