ISO Good Italian Sausage Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
So I really feel like making something tonight with a 2 Lb. link of hot Italian sausage I have in my fridge. Any ideas? Normally I either use it in spaghetti/lasagne or something, or just cook it and eat it on a bun. I feel like something a little more interesting tonight, though. Thanks for the help!

Growing up my parents would cut up potatoes, green peppers, onions, and italian sausage, toss it into a 9x13, coat it with a little olive oil, and add basil, garlic powder/salt, onion powder/salt and bake it in the oven at 375 until everything is cooked through. This is still one of my favorite meals!!!

CHEF CAINE’S ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds of Italian sausage, cut into two-inch pieces
Olive Oil
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 large onion, any variety
6 ounces (approx) Portobello mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic
2 cups of chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned in juice
1 Tbs tomato paste
2 Tbs oregano
1 tsp thyme
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (if desired)
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut onions, bell peppers, mushrooms into strips. Peel and chop garlic cloves. Brown sausage thoroughly in a sauté pan with olive oil. Remove the sausages and sauté the onions, and peppers in olive oil until soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté until the garlic is just barely browned. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium low. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as desired. Add sausage and allow to simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom