ISO ideas for using Mexican chorizo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
DH went grocery shopping the other day and came home with a package of Mexican chorizo. I've never cooked with this before. I've done some searches and found a couple ideas; DH does not like eggs, so Spanish tortilla isn't an option ;) I'm thinking about trying this one with some of it: Rick Bayless | Chorizo and Potato Tacos | Frontera

I'd love to hear ideas from you all on using Mexican chorizo. Thanks :)

We do an appi where it gets browned on the stove top and drained. Then small piles are placed in a baking dish, covered with muenster and popped in the oven to melt the cheese. Torn pieces of flour tortillas (nuked) are used to pick up the piles.:yum:

Chorizo makes for excellent cheese dip. A nice addition to chili or spaghetti sauce. I usually brown the heck out of it, it's most likely pretty fatty. Mix it in hamburger or meatloaf. One of our vacation places cuts it into coins, browns the heck out of it and puts it on the buffet.

Last edited:
How about some browned and drained in Mexican rice? It's already highly seasoned so I'd just add some tomatoes and onions rather than the Herdez salsa I usually use.
I really like the idea of the cheese dip Dawg.

Sorry, but all my chorizo recipes involve eggs. I use it in huevos rancheros, in breakfast enchiladas, and in my breakfast chimichangas.

If you do find some recipes you like, I can tell you how to make your own chorizo with pork or turkey, or even goat if you are so inclined. It is much better than the commercial product because it doesn't cook away into a pot full of grease.

Last edited:
Pizza, posole, added to ratatouille, sub sandwich with cheese, lettuce, and tomato, scrambled eggs, with seared scallops, with roasted veggies, meatloaf, meatballs--so many things to do with it!

We have a huge Mexican population here, have not seen the dried chorizo, but there's lots of fresh.

Spam now comes in chorizo flavor. It's not greasy and darn good too. Too bad your hubby doesn't do eggs GG, it's so good in a Mexican omelet.:yum::zorro:

Last edited:
Fascinating! Who knew there were so many variations of Spam! :yum:

I did.

It is shocking the variety available here.

+1 for the chorizo flavored spam. I copied down "Kayelle's Creation"

dice up chorizo flavored spam, fry it, add beat up eggs and onions, sprinkle warmed tortilla with grated cheese and parsley, add egg goo, wrap up.

It is delicious.

Also, the garlic flavored spam is very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom