ISO Pork tenderloin recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I have cooked pork a grand total of twice in my life. Both times were pork chops. Well the super market had a sale on whole pork tenderloins. Buy one get one free. I sure could not pass that up. Now the challenge...what to do with them?

Here is where you all come in. How would you use them?

Edited to add, I am not crazy about fruit with my meat so I am not looking for the typical pork and apple combo or anything like that.

Last edited:
GB said:
I have cooked pork a grand total of twice in my life. Both times were pork chops. Well the super market had a sale on whole pork tenderloins. Buy one get one free. I sure could not pass that up. Now the challenge...what to do with them?

Here is where you all come in. How would you use them?

This one is very simple, quick and yummy!

Mix a bit of slightly watered down teryaki sauce, brown sugar and corn flour (amount depends on how much meat you will cook though...)
Skillet fry the pork in a bit of olive oil with grated ginger.
As it start to brown add diced pineapple or mango.
When the fruits are just cooked, stir in the sauce, sugar, corn flour mix, coat the each piece of meat well with the mixture, cook until the sauce thickens (which will happen fairly quickly).

How do you feel about shrimp or crawfish? Hubby makes a fabulous stuffed pork tenderloin. We use crawfish but shrimp would work just as well. If you're interested, I'll try to find his recipe.

Licia that sounds pretty yummy, thanks!

Callie, I love both shrimp and crawfish, but to be perfectly honest I doubt I would make something like that. I don't have access to crawfish and I can't afford shrimp right now. It sounds like it would be quite interesting though!

We buy frozen crawfish tails. I had to talk the seafood department in the town 55 miles away to stock them. Fortunately, I guess someone else buys them, too! :LOL: Let me know if you change your mind...

We love pork - it's our favorite meat.

Growing up in a Jewish household we never had pork. We did not keep kosher or anything, but it was just one of those things you did not have, unless it was Chinese food of course :)

Now that I am on my own I really want to start cooking it more. I really enjoy it a lot.

GB,
We sometimes make a balsamic glazed pork tenderloin and put it on an Arugala, parmigiano salad, have warm french bread and some asparagus, it's simple and tasty..If you'd like the recipe I'd be glad to post it.

kadesma:)

Here you go GB:)

2- pork tenderloins about 1 lb. each
2-cloves finely chopped garlic
1-2 Tab. balsamic
2-Tea. honey
salt and freshly ground pepper
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 450 Oil a baking pan just large enough to hold the pork. Pat the meat dry and fold under the thin ends to make an even thickness.Place meat about 1 inch apart in pan. In small bowl, stir together, garlic, vinegar,honey salt and pepper to taste.
Brush over meat and roast 15 min. Pour 1/2 c. water into pan around meat. Roast 10 -20 min more or til lightly browned and tender. Remove from oven and leave in the pan to rest at least 10 min. Meanwhile, make your dressing or do it before hand and then in a large bowl whisk your oil vinegar,salt and pepper to taste add arugala and toss with dressing.Pile on center of large platter and Place thinly sliced pork around the greens. With a veggie peeler or cheese slicer, shave thin slices of parmesan all over the salad and meat.Serve right away

Dressing: 2-tab.evoo or salad oil I use evoo
1-Tab balsamic or more if you like
6-cups arugula
parmesan cheese.
Enjoy,

This is our favorite pork recipe.

We call it PIG ON A STICK

Pork loin or roast ( loin is better but, much more costly) cut into bite sized cubes

garlic, chopped
onions, chopped
oregano, salt, pepper

lemon juice
olive oil
salt, pepper
Oregano

Directions:
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, onion, garlic,salt,pepper and oregano together. Amounts are all up to you. I use a lot of lemon and garlic. Add meat and mix to cover. Marinate for as long as you can... at least three or four hours. I let mine set over night.
The longer the better....

To cook.... either pour it all into a frying pan and fry it up or stick it all on skewers and bbq.

I like it fried better... it stays moister and more tender.

kadesma said:
Here you go GB:)

2- pork tenderloins about 1 lb. each
2-cloves finely chopped garlic
1-2 Tab. balsamic
2-Tea. honey
salt and freshly ground pepper
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 450 Oil a baking pan just large enough to hold the pork. Pat the meat dry and fold under the thin ends to make an even thickness.Place meat about 1 inch apart in pan. In small bowl, stir together, garlic, vinegar,honey salt and pepper to taste.
Brush over meat and roast 15 min. Pour 1/2 c. water into pan around meat. Roast 10 -20 min more or til lightly browned and tender. Remove from oven and leave in the pan to rest at least 10 min. Meanwhile, make your dressing or do it before hand and then in a large bowl whisk your oil vinegar,salt and pepper to taste add arugala and toss with dressing.Pile on center of large platter and Place thinly sliced pork around the greens. With a veggie peeler or cheese slicer, shave thin slices of parmesan all over the salad and meat.Serve right away

Dressing: 2-tab.evoo or salad oil I use evoo
1-Tab balsamic or more if you like
6-cups arugula
parmesan cheese.
Enjoy,

This sounds absolutely delicious!! Cris is a big :pig: fan, I will try this on our next pork occasion:)

Chinese Barbecued Pork

4 Tb Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tb Dry Sherry
2 tsp Red Food Coloring (optional)
4 Tb Hoi Sin Sauce
2 Cl Garlic, minced
2 Tb Honey
2 tsp Five Spice Powder
2 tsp Ginger, grated
2 Scallion, minced
1 Pork Tenderloin

Combine all the ingredients except the pork and mix thoroughly.

Place the marinade and the pork into a plastic food storage bag or other suitable container and marinate the meat for a couple of hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Fill a roasting pan with hot water and place a rack across the top of the pan.

Remove the meat from the marinade and place it on the rack. Reserve the marinade.

Place the pan and meat into the oven and roast for 10 minutes.

Turn the oven down to 375 F. Baste the meat with the reserved marinade and roast for 10 minutes more.

Repeat the cycle of basting every 10 minutes until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 150 -155 F. This will take approximately 40 minutes.

Times will vary based on the size of the tenderloin, how long the oven door is open each time and your oven’s recovery time.

This one sounds really interesting too. Thanks Andy. Keep em coming everyone.

Callie, if you don't mind, maybe you could post yours crawfish/shrimp one. Even though I probably won't make it this time around I bet others would love to see it and when I have more $$$ then I could give it a shot.

This one is sort of a sauerbraten type of flavor.

Pork Roast in Vinegar

1-1 1/2 lb Pork Tenderloin
1/4 C Olive oil
6 Peppercorns
3/4 C Red wine vinegar
2 Bay leaves

Brown the roast in hot oil in a heavy pan.

Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 Hour.

GB,
You might like this one. A friend of mine made this to invite us over for dinner and it was absolutely fabulous!

Grilled Pork Tenderloin Filled with Walnut Romesco and Served with Caramelized Date-Shallot Sauce
Yield: 4 servings

Walnut Romesco:
3 tablespoons olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled
1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 ancho chiles, soaked in boiling water until soft, seeded
1 slice white bread, crust removed, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup walnuts, divided
1/4 cup golden raisins, divided
1/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
Grilled Pork Tenderloin:
2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2 pounds each) butterflied
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Walnut Romesco
2 tablespoons olive oil
Caramelized Date Sauce:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
2 tablespoons sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup coarsely chopped dates
5 cups home-made chicken stock
1 tablespoon molasses
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over high heat, until smoking. Saute the garlic, bell pepper, chiles, and bread cubes until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each. Stir in half of the walnuts. Remove each ingredient with a slotted spoon as it is done. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar. Place all sauteed ingredients and the deglazing liquid into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the remaining walnuts, raisins and apricots and puree until smooth and thickened, season with salt and pepper.
For the Grilled Pork Tenderloin: Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees F. Season both sides of the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of the Walnut Remesco down the center, fold each side over the filling, and tie with butcher's twine. Brush each tenderloin with oil and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. If using oven, heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over high heat. Sear the meat on both sides, until golden brown, place in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. For the Caramelized Date Sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and the sugar and cook until caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add both wines and reduce the mixture to 1/4 cup. Add the dates, stock and molasses and continue cooking until reduced to 2 cups, and reaches the consistency of a slightly thick sauce, about 30 minutes, keep warm. To serve, slice tenderloin into 1-inch thick pieces and top with a little Remesco sauce and drizzle with date sauce.

Back
Top Bottom