ISO stuffing for pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have some lovely center cut, inch thick pork chops thawed for supper. I want to stuff them, then sear, add some sort of liquid, then cover and finish in the oven so they will be tender.
Any ideas about the stuffing? I have French Bread for crumbs. In the freezer I have cubes of pesto, fresh sliced mushrooms sauteed with garlic & olive oil, sliced leeks, chopped sweet peppers, and chopped spinach. I also have a bit of cooked sausage left from breakfast yesterday, bacon, and assorted cheeses.

Constance, I would dice up the bacon, and maybe warm it up a bit, toss in the bread crumbs and some herbs (de Provence maybe?) and call it done. Sounds lovely to me!

This sounds really good... it says for turkey but sweetness of fruits are always delicious with pork...:)

I don't eat pork chops too often, but I got this recipe from my mom and everyone seems to love it.

Peach Glazed Stuffed Pork Chops

1 8 1/2 oz. can sliced peaches
1/3 cup hot water
2 T. margarine or butter
2 cups Stove Top Chicken Flavord Stuffing Mix in Cannister
4 1" thick pork chops, cut pocket for stuffing
1/2 cup peach preserves
2 T. dijon mustard

Heat oven to 350
Drain and dice peaches, reserving syrup
Mix water and margarine in bowl; stir in stuffing mix, peaches and syrup. Fill pork chop pockets with stuffing.
Arrange pork shops in 13x9 inch pan.
Mix preserves and mustard; brush over chops. Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through.
Bake any remaining stuffing in a casserole 30 minutes.

I like to make a creole crawfish cornbread stuffing. Cornbread, sauteed onion apple, crawfish tails, luzianne cajun seasoning red bell pepper and a little br. sugar. and top the whole thing with a roasted red pepper cream sauce.

Chef_Jimmy said:
I like to make a creole crawfish cornbread stuffing. Cornbread, sauteed onion apple, crawfish tails, luzianne cajun seasoning red bell pepper and a little br. sugar. and top the whole thing with a roasted red pepper cream sauce.

Chef Jimmy, I have no crawfish, but that sounds "fo die for".

Thank you all for the great suggestions. Abj, I didn't have all the ingredients for your recipe, but I've saved it for another time. It looks very good.
I sliced the piece of French bread I had (about a third of a loaf), cubed it and let it set out yesterday afternoon to dry up a little. I thawed a couple cubes of pesto and a small ziplock of sauted mushrooms and garlic.
When I got ready to make the stuffing, I ran the bread cubes through the food processor to make crumbs and mixed them with the pesto in a medium sized bowl. Then I drained all the olive oil and about half the mushrooms (approx. 1 cup) into the food processor and gave them a chop. I added those to the stuffing, added some extra parmesan, S&P, and the one leftover sausage patty, crumbled fine.
After cutting a pocket in the two pork chops, I stuffed them, fastened them with a couple of toothpicks, and seared in a HOT skillet (one notch under high) with a little olive oil until nicely browned. I then added about 1-1/2 cups chicken broth and the rest of the sliced mushrooms, and put in 300 degree oven to steam until tender.
We plated the very tender chops, drizzled some of the nice brown pan drippings and sliced shrooms over the top, and served with baked potatoes, sour cream, and chilled canned asparagus spears.
I could, and should have made a nice sauce out of the chop drippings...I even had a little heavy cream. But by the time they were done, we were ready to eat.
The meal was excellent, and I cooked it for under $10.00. (The chops were on sale...$3.73 for the two of them)

Connie, I wish my freezer was half as organized as yours. I couldn't find all the things you mention in mine if they were there. But, soon it will be better. I started today with my foodsaver, so things will be better organized (for me) soon.

I know this is late, but FWIW:

The stuffing I've been using lately is a combination of roughly chopped, roasted pistachios, diced apples, shallots, and garlic.

I sweat the shallots a bit in some butter then add the garlic. A couple minutes later I add the pistachios and apples. Cook until the apples are warm through out. Salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I add a bit of cayenne for some zip.

I let it cool a bit then stuff the pork chops; cook the chops however you like.

Note, if using salted pistachios, make sure you taste before adding anymore salt.

Paul

Licia, my deep-freeze is far from organized. We go through it about twice a year and sort everything out, but the first time my husband starts digging in there, all is lost.
But I recently got a new fridge with a freezer drawer, and it has another drawer inside. It's a great place to organize all your little stuff.

Cajun, I love the sound of your recipe. I even have some ground pistachios tucked away in the afore-mentioned freezer drawer,

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom