ISO TNT Pork Belly Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm not interested in making bacon. I'm looking for Asian or other recipes for fresh pork belly.

Whatca got?

how about korean samgyeopsal gui, or grilled/bbq pork belly?

i'll be back in a bit with a link from maangchi.com.

Last edited:
Sweet baby Jesus I love Korean BBQ!!! Few things finer than spicy pork belly with the salty, sweet, sesame sauce. . . .I am SO glad that in Annandale, we have numerous 24hour Korean BBQ Places!

Crispy roast pork belly is almost a spiritual experience, when done right. It is a couple day process of seasoning, and drying, then slow roasting the belly, and scoring the skin enough so that the fat renders, leaving almost a pork rind/chicharon quality crackling skin. The rendered "juice", and a little soy, some white rice, I am telling you, it's one of those death row final meal kinda good dishes.

Siew+Yoke+2.JPG

roast-pork-belly3.jpg

Last one I did, I went the Mediterranean style. I marinated it, skin side up, in olive oil, garlic, herbs, (or you could go porchetta spices) and a bit of soy sauce. Score the skin every 1/4 inch, keep it very dry, and spread a bit of rock salt over it. A dry skin at all times is important to achieve a nice crisp crackling. Let this sit over night and then wipe off the salt and slow roast the next day for a couple of hours. Then crank up the heat at the end to get the crackling nice and crispy. Let it sit for 10 15 minutes before slicing. I had mine with a saucy potato, and veggies.....

Last edited:
Thank you all for taking the time to dig up these videos. Lots of different ideas.

Back
Top Bottom