ISO TNT Pork Tenderloin (oven)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I'm going to make pork tenderloin tomorrow for the first time and would like a TNT recipe. Am going grocery shopping in an hour or two. Thanks! :)

I'm going to make pork tenderloin tomorrow for the first time and would like a TNT recipe. Am going grocery shopping in an hour or two. Thanks! :)
I always brown my pork first, then transfer it to a pan for the oven..One glaze I've made is OJ, orange marmalade some white vinegar, its lovely, or you can use some maple syrup,balsamic vinegar as a glaze, I've also browned the meat then wrapped it in bacon, added to the pan near the end some butter, brown sugar, apple chunks and a little lime or lemon juice..my DH loves this one. Some chunks of sweet potatoe to this is great too.
kadesma

Here's what I do.
Preheat the oven @325

Seasonings are simple just sprinkle them on
Salt
Pepper
Caraway seeds
Cornstarch

I season the roasts in the pan.Insert meat thermometer.
Cook it until the meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees.Time to cook depends on how large the pork roast is.

When it's done,remove it to a warm place,and let it rest for a few minutes.
Remove the roast to a platter.Don't discard the juices.
Take your roasting pan and carefully work the bits and pieces off the pans bottom.Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pan.

In a small bowl mix enough cornstarch and water together at your discretion,to add to the pan to make the gravy.Set it aside for a minute.

Take the drippings and add them to a medium sized saucepan.Heat it on medium heat until it starts to bubble,add your cornstarch.Stir with a whisk,until the gravy is as thick or thin as you like it.
Taste and season,if you need to.

My mom never made gravy with it,she usually just added water and salt to the bits.
She usually made potato dumplings poured the juices over the dumplings,served it with sauerkraut,that she added more caraway seeds to.

Good luck

Munky.

I usually just sprinkle it with lemon pepper and roast. My family likes it and it is very simple and easy. The lemon pepper gives it some flavor without a lot of fuss.

Back
Top Bottom