ISO uses for ground pork. Anyone want to share?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clevy

Assistant Cook
Hello,
I'm new here. Just got a pig butchered and ended up with a boat-load of ground pork and would love to make some brat patties out of it.
:pig:
Cheddar+pepper+beer would be excellent, but I would try anything

thank you
Corey

Not a brat, but we stopped at Steve's Meat Market in Minnesota and picked up some of the best pizza burger patties ever. Ground pork, plenty of Italian herbs and spices, and a lot of hot pepper flakes, mixed in with tiny cubes of mozarella. I fried them, they could be grilled too. Something similar might work with cheddar.

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm new here. Just got a pig butchered and ended up with a boat-load of ground pork and would love to make some brat patties out of it.
:pig:
Cheddar+pepper+beer would be excellent, but I would try anything

thank you
Corey
You could change the ground pork into almost any kind of sausage you'd like. I've made several recipes off this site:

Homemade Sausage Making Recipes from TheSpicySausage.com

And have a couple of recipes off this site bookmarked to try in the fall when I do sausage making again--if I have freezer space!

Sausage Recipes - Favorite Homemade Sausage Recipes

If you try any of the recipes, let us know what you think of them. You can make chubbs instead of casing the sausages if you don't have a sausage "stuffer" or if you just don't feel like buying the casings.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC Corey.

How may pounds did you get from the :pig: let?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. You could take a few Lbs and make breakfast sausages, hot, mild or maple flavored.
Fresh ground pork can also be used to make an outstanding Italian Seasoned Lasagna.

It can also be used along with fresh ground sirloin to make jerky.

I've used it to make Egg Rolls. That really were good once I got the hang of it. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/egg-roll-wrapper-recipes-64053.html

Other members have included their own ideas on how to use ground pork as well. You'll have to read through a few pages though. Sorry about that. It's worth it though.

Good luck.

Munky.

The OP was originally asking for bratwurst recipes--we seem to be slipping off topic <g>.

Topic was "Uses For Ground Pork" ?
No too many recipes for an echte Thueringer bratwurst.

Actually the thread title ask for uses for pork but the original post suggests the OP wants a variety of brat recipes.

...so you're both wrong.

...or you're both right.

My head hurts.

I think the use for ground pork is endless. But I am wondering what happened to the rest of the pig? YOu did not ground the whole thing up?

Actually the thread title ask for uses for pork but the original post suggests the OP wants a variety of brat recipes.

...so you're both wrong.

...or you're both right.

My head hurts.
No--the OP didn't write a concise enough subject line--it did not relate closely enough to the topic to stay on topic:cool:. Can you tell I'm an editor?

Last edited:
I ran into situation ones when people did just that, I wanted to murder them. Can imagine to grind the whole pig. What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
CharlieD said:
I think the use for ground pork is endless. But I am wondering what happened to the rest of the pig? YOu did not ground the whole thing up?

Am thinking 80 lbs. or so of sausage might be an awful lot...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom