Katie's Herb-Crusted Pork Roast - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I've made this a number of times and it's always perfect and gobbled up. Tonight I served it with steamed and lightly buttered baby asparagus. Yum.

Katie's Herb-Crusted Pork Roast
(Serves 4)

1 (1 1/2-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
6 Tbsp. Herbes de Provence
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper

Line a roasting pan/dish with nonstick aluminum foil or use a nonstick roaster. Place roast, fat side up, and sprinkle garlic salt and pepper evenly over top and slightly down sides. Pat on the Herbes de Provence to create a nice even blanket of the herbs.

Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375F oven for about 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers about 150F. Remove from oven, allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

Last edited:
Katie, I don't understand your comment.

Andy, in our markets, pork loins are also sold (2 per package) and are very long sausage-shaped and each one is only about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I have always used what I learned as a traditional loin roast. The diameter of the slices for the ones I buy are at least 3 inches or so. Is this a better description?

Andy, in our markets, pork loins are also sold (2 per package) and are very long sausage-shaped and each one is only about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I have always used what I learned as a traditional loin roast. The diameter of the slices for the ones I buy are at least 3 inches or so. Is this a better description?

Got it. The "two in a pack" are tenderloins while the 3" diameter ones are loins.

Gotcha! I'd never seen them until I moved here. I suppose they'd work just as well as long as the cooking time was adjusted. Probably wouldn't take very long at all to cook them.

We really like the tenderloins. Tender, flavorful and no waste.

Go for it. We had the leftovers last night and the roast was just as juicy and tender as the night before.

At least, this time, I had the good sense to write the recipe down. I almost always trust that I'll remember and, of course...I don't.:wacko:

I like your seasoning combination. I'll give it a try but have to get some pork in the house first. Nothing wrong with writing down your recipe so you can do it again.

I have some tenderloins in the freezer that I'm going to coat with Dijon mustard and then pack on the Herbs de Provence. The mustard should help to hold the herbs to the meat.

I have some tenderloins in the freezer that I'm going to coat with Dijon mustard and then pack on the Herbs de Provence. The mustard should help to hold the herbs to the meat.

I love mustard with pork. I'm not a big fan of herbes de Provence, though. I wonder how Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning would taste with mustard and pork? Hmmm... :chef:

I love mustard with pork. I'm not a big fan of herbes de Provence, though. I wonder how Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning would taste with mustard and pork? Hmmm... :chef:

GG, have you ever tried the HdP without lavender? It's not easy to find unless you buy it in France, but you could always mix your own. Apparently the addition of lavender to the mix is an American idea.

GG, have you ever tried the HdP without lavender? It's not easy to find unless you buy it in France, but you could always mix your own. Apparently the addition of lavender to the mix is an American idea.

No, I haven't. I looked at this recipe - Herbes de Provence, Recipe from Martha Stewart Living, July - and have most of these herbs in my garden. Marjoram seems like a weak oregano to me; I'm not sure I've ever tried savory. I'm going to the feed & seed store today, so I'll take a look and see if they have any. I have a couple of empty spaces in my herb garden :) Thanks.

No, I haven't. I looked at this recipe - Herbes de Provence, Recipe from Martha Stewart Living, July - and have most of these herbs in my garden. Marjoram seems like a weak oregano to me; I'm not sure I've ever tried savory. I'm going to the feed & seed store today, so I'll take a look and see if they have any. I have a couple of empty spaces in my herb garden :) Thanks.

Ahhhhh....to have an herb garden!
I just found this, and I'm going to order it. Penzey's doesn't have it without flowers.

http://www.amazon.com/Provence-Epic...sim_gro_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH1XMH30FCGBZT0F3KY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom