Leftover Pork loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nes

Assistant Cook
My in-laws were up for the weekend and they brought a large pack (2 separate pieces) pork loin but we ended up going out to dinner :doh:. So I cooked both pieces are the BBQ Sunday night with honey garlic sauce. We only ate one (well there are only 2 1/2 of us!) and the other one has been sitting in the fridge.

I want to make something with it tonight but can't think of anything other then heating it up & serving it with mashed potatoes again :neutral:.

Any suggestions? Hubby doesn't "do" strange or heavy vegetable dishes (don't get me started...) so I need a classic American or Canadian dish to make.

Thanks!

How about a Cuban sandwich. Get a French baguette or similar crusty bread, spread it with a mix of mustard and mayo, add the sliced pork, sliced ham, pickle slices and Swiss cheese. Use a panini press and toast it until the bread is toasted and the cheese has started to melt.

How about pork tenderloin sandwiches? Pound them out, bread them and lightly pan fry them, then hot onto a toasted hamburger bun. And for something different for a topping, make a mild mustard horseradish sauce.

Well I'd be all for the mustard horseradish sauce but hubby wouldn't go for it. From what I've been reading doing any more then re-heating the loin would completely dry it out?

I've tried just slicing the tenderloin for next day sandwiches and didn't like it too much.

Slice thin, then lightly chop. Mix into some nice gravy or pour gravy on top, perhaps with some carmelized onions, and serve on open faced buns. Top with some cheese.

Cut into cubes and use in macaroni and cheese or perhaps scalloped potatoes, or
omelets.

I was thinking of a Cubano, too.
But ya can't beat a hot pork sandwhich, white bread, mashed potatoes, covered in gravy. lots of pepper.

Great suggestions guys! We didn't have any gravy so I went the mayo/dijon with cheddar on a french bread method... mmmmm... I'm not a big pork fan but it was DELISH!!!

I don't see what's wrong with reheating and serving with mashed potatoes and BBQ sauce, even if it is "again."

It would be excellent shredded for tacos or burritos...or chopped and used in a Chinese stir-fry...or sweet/sour pork.
You could also make meat spread out of some of it.
I love it cooked with sauerkraut, new potatoes, and a little bacon, or cooked in with greens, peas or beans, any kind.

A sandwich sure sounds good, though...I'd like mine on a whole wheat bun with mustard and piccalilli. If you don't have the latter, I'll settle for bread and butter pickles. Anybody got potato salad and slaw to go with that?

Back
Top Bottom