Looking for a hand meat grinder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go for the stainless, clamp on...but then I have no place to put a bolt on.

As long as you are particular about cleaning, there is no reason to get two. Restaurant supply shops sell nice glass washers with stiff bristles that would be perfect for cleaning all the nooks and crannies on it.

I would agree. The clamp on is the way to go.
If you are planning on doing a lot of grinding, turning the handle can get old in a hurry.
You might want to think about putting a bit more money aside and go with a good motorized grinder.

+1

I have an electric model from Cabela's and love it.

I would agree. The clamp on is the way to go.
If you are planning on doing a lot of grinding, turning the handle can get old in a hurry.
You might want to think about putting a bit more money aside and go with a good motorized grinder.
+1
Man that moose had some tough bits. :ermm:

even if you have meaty hands, why would you grind them?

wringing, yes. grinding is more of a dental thing.

boy, that gives a whole new meaning to sausage fingers...

Go to Amazon. They have a large selection with varying prices. Most are under $100.00. Read all the reviews. Take note of the five star vs. the lesser stars. If the total of the lesser stars is greater than the total five star reviews, then move on to the next one. Pay the most attention to the three, two and one star reviews. You can tell if the problem was the users fault. The four star reviews are often from folks who NEVER give a five star rating to any product, no matter how great it is. Sometimes that last missing star is because of a minor problem. Usually because the user didn't read all the directions. Good luck. :)

I got the Cabela ProSeries Grinder, on sale for $179, with free shipping. I've been very pleased with it.

How much grinding do you do. My mother wants a new grinder, she is not happy with one she has, though I have the same one and I love it. I am wondering if she simply using it a lot more. Need to figure it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom