Mom's Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
A family favorite, and super easy.

Sear 4 thick pork chops on both sides in a heavy skillet. Add 1/2 cup chili sauce and 1/2 cup California burgundy or claret, minced onion, salt and pepper to taste.

Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour or until tender, turning occasionally.

Serve with or over white rice.

Try this one.

Pork Chops in Cider Cream Gravy

6 pork chops, 3/4" thick
1 lg. onion, sliced
1 1/2 c. apple cider
1/2 c. dry white wine (opt.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Sauté both sides of chops in hot skillet until nicely browned. Remove from pan and lightly sauté onion. Add chops, apple cider and wine. Simmer until tender. Add cream of mushroom soup, stir and bring to boil. Serve with hot cooked rice. Serves 6.

My mom did the following. It's what happens when you grow up on a cabbage farm.

Salt and pepper pork chops and slowly sautee in a large pan. Remove from pan when just cooked through. In the mean time, chop cabbage into thick strips. About 3/4" wide by a couple of inches long. I usually quarter a cabbage, then cut each quarter into two and slice this into strips.

Sautee cabbage in the pan you cooked the pork chops. Season with salt and pepper. If you did this correctly, the "sauce" will be almost black. Sort of like you added soy sauce to it. The black color comes from the caramelized bits from sauteeing the chops. Cook until cabbage is tender.

Serve the chops with a generous helping of cabbage.

Bangbang said:
Try this one.

Pork Chops in Cider Cream Gravy

6 pork chops, 3/4" thick
1 lg. onion, sliced
1 1/2 c. apple cider
1/2 c. dry white wine (opt.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Sauté both sides of chops in hot skillet until nicely browned. Remove from pan and lightly sauté onion. Add chops, apple cider and wine. Simmer until tender. Add cream of mushroom soup, stir and bring to boil. Serve with hot cooked rice. Serves 6.

I will. This sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom