Need help with what to do with pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
hi folks.
I bouhght a large package of pork chops cause they were on the weekly sale adds at the market. I'd like to make them for dinner tonight but am in a rut as to how to do them. Any suggestions? Usually it's s&p browned in a bit of fat, turned over and that's it. Helpful hints that will be tasty, also feel free to add the rest of my dinner menu too if you'd like.:( :ROFLMAO:

Thanks.............Susie

PS, well, I just took them out of the freezer and didn't realize how BIG a package of Pork Loin Assorted Chops I'd frozen.:wacko: Good grief! How much:pig: can anyone eat in one sitting? I guess I'll do them all up as I can't refreeze. The ones not eaten will go into Seal-0-Meal bags then get tossed in the freezer for the future.:dry:

Last edited:
make a pork dijon.

Season and Brown chops, put aside. In your pan add two tablespoons dijon mustard, and 1/4 cup white wine to deglaze. Let the wine cook and reduce (won't take but a minute), add a pint of cream or half and half, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, tsp parsley and return chops to pan. adjust salt and pepper, simmer till done. Serve over parsley potatoes or noodles.

Aloha Pork Chop Skillet
Makes: 4 servings

2 tsp. oil
4 bone-in pork chops (1-1/2 lb.)
1 medium each: red and yellow pepper, cut into chunks
2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup KRAFT CATALINA Dressing
1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked

HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chops; cook
5 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.
ADD peppers, pineapple with its juice, broth, dressing and garlic
powder; mix well. Bring to boil.
STIR in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min. or until
chops are cooked through (160°F.) Remove from heat; let stand 5 min.

If they are thick chops you can slice them down the middle and make a stuffing of celery, carrots, onions, gr peppers, and sharp cheddar etc. Season with salt, pepper, fresh garlic.

Split the chops to make a pocket, then brown for a few minutes per side. Then remove the chops from pan. put stuffing mixture except for cheese in the pan and cook for a few minutes. Remove pan from heat, add cheese, amd mix till cheese is melted. Stuff the chops with the stuffing mix and put in a pan or dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so till the chops have finished cooking. These are great, and this recipe could be easily modified to suit your tastes.

I just wanna thank you both cause these two are both very doable. Now I must decide. Since cleaning and reorganizing the butlers pantry (and making a list of EVERYTHING in there including 7 different kinds of mustard and 21, yes 21 jars of various mayonnaises), I have all the ingredients needed, oh well, I may just make a batch of each and freeze what's left. Thanks again. You're both stars!:-p

Just read yours Vag.............they're thin, I wish they were really fat and I would have stuffed them........maybe next time..

LEFSElover said:
Just read yours Vag.............they're thin, I wish they were really fat and I would have stuffed them........maybe next time..
You could do a similar thing, but instead of stuffing them just put the mix on top of the chops for baking. that might simplify the recipe and would probably taste about the same.

Just looked at Constance's recipe. I would go with that!

This recipe may be a little wintry, but it sure is good!

Pork Chops, Étouffée Style
Note the title says “Étouffée-STYLE.” This recipe is the culmination of years of “research” to get the right flavor without so much fat, and to shorten the process. Since my favorite person to cook for loves pork chops, they became the meat of choice. You could also make this dish with chicken, shrimp, crawfish or anything else you¹d like to lick your fingers after!
6 servings
6 center cut pork chops, each about 1-1/2 inches thick
Creole Seasoning Mix
about 1 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
vegetable oil for frying
½ cup finely chopped onions
½ cup finely chopped celery
½ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
about 3-1/2 cups chicken stock
¾ cup very finely chopped scallions
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1. Remove any excess fat from the pork chops. Rub some of the seasoning mixture on both sides of each piece, covering evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.

2. Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Coat the pork chops on all sides. Reserve any excess flour.

3. In a large, heavy skillet heat 1/3 cup of Canola oil. Brown the pork chops evenly on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Scrape pan bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck particles. Make sure you have ½ cup oil in the pan.

4. Heat the oil until it starts to smoke. Measure out ¾ cup of the reserved flour. In a small bowl combine ¼ cup each of onions, celery and bell peppers.

5. When oil is hot, remove skillet from heat and add the flour, stirring until all the flour is blended into the oil. Return skillet to a medium high heat and stir constantly until the roux is dark red-brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. DON’T LET IT SCORCH OR SPLASH ON YOUR SKIN!!! Immediately remove roux from heat and whisk in all the chopped vegetables except the scallions. Continue whisking until the roux stops turning darker, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Set aside.

6. Bring 3 ½ cups of stock to a rolling boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the stock by ladlefuls to the vegetable mixture, stirring each time until the mixture is thick and bubbling. Continue to add the stock to the vegetable mixture in this manner until all the stock has been incorporated into the sauce, and the sauce is thick and dark brown. Simmer the sauce uncovered over medium-low heat all the while you are adding the stock. (The étouffée sauce should be the consistency of very thick gravy.)

7. Replace the pork chops into the sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, checking often to make sure nothing is sticking.
8. Just before serving, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the scallions and sauté about 2 minutes. Arrange the chops on a platter with the sauce over and around them, and top with the scallions. Serve immediately with fluffy rice on the side.

Wine Tip: This All-American dish wants the All-American red ­ Zinfandel. One from Ridge or Montelena would be wonderful.

I'm drooling here June! Okay, those pork chops, rice, Maque Choux, and sweet potato pie! I'm dying and goin' to heaven. This will be Sunday night's dinner! Thank you!:chef::chef::chef:

The aloha one sounds really good and seeing that its lunch time while im reading it .. lol

Here's a tasty recipe from my friend Sophia. I love the peaches with the pork.

Peach-Glazed Barbecue Pork Chops and Peaches

The cooking time for your peaches will vary depending on their ripeness. The glaze also works well on chicken.

3 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick), trimmed
6 peaches, halved and pitted
Cooking spray

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes. Place peach mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (vinegar through red pepper); pulse to combine. Let stand 5 minutes. Place half of peach mixture in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; reserve other half for basting. Add chops to bag; seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Preheat grill.

Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place pork and peach halves on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 10 minutes or until the pork is done and the peaches are tender, turning once. Baste pork and peach halves with the reserved peach mixture every 2 minutes during the first 6 minutes of cooking.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chop and 2 peach halves)

Leftover Pork Chops

Hello LEFSELOVER, I have a quick and easy recipe foe you. Flour and brown your pork chops on both sides. Take1 pack of lipton onion soup mix and add 2 cups of very hot water mix well pour over pork chops, season with black pepper, no salt. bring to a boil and turn down heat, on medium low, Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes turn chops over and cook for another 5 minutes pork chops should have a nice and thick sauce, if not add a little more water to thin out, if too thick. Pork Chops will be nice and tender and taste great!!!! serve with mash potatoes and green salad. Or if you prefer serve over rice. :chef:

well, they're out again today and defrosting.
I am either doing one of these cause they sound wonderful or I'll do Opinanita's recipe for breaded with cheese and chili's on top.

thanks for all the help...........

Just a small observation. Your light colored print makes it very difficult (at least for me) to read.

With thin chops I like to s &p them, smear mustard on on side, put them in an oiled casserole with that side down and cover the top side with some sour cream.
Usually pour a bit of liquid under, just enough to keep them from burning and keep moist( broth or even water will do.)
Bake in the oven.
If they are thick chops, cut them in the middle to almost butterflying, s &p inside and out.
Put a slice of bacon or prosciutto and a slice of fresh mozarella in each. Make sure cheese does not hang out of the meat.
Brown both sides in skillet, sprinkle with oregano and finish in oven.:)

Last edited:
why not try Pepsi/Coke pork?

put the chops in a baking tray, salt`n`pepper, a little Soy sauce, a few half cloves of garlic some ketchup and then cover in Coke, cook slowly until a nice sauce is produced, serve it with rice or fries :)

if you don`t fancy that, then skip the coke and ketchup and replace with strong apple Cider and Mustard instead :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom