Nut coated pork - not sticking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
I attempted to cook my pork steaks with a nut crust but it didn't stick.

I used some honey and sesame seed coated cashews and blended them finely. Then I griddled the pork steaks until they had couloured and then dipped them in the nut mixture but when I put them back on the griddle it just all come off and stuck to the griddle. I thought if I had put the nut mixture on from the beginning it would of burnt before the pork was cooked.

Should I of dipped the pork steaks in egg and then in the nut mixture and onto the hot griddle?

Thanks

John

First problem: Cooking the pork ahead of time seared the meat. You're not going to get anything other than cornstarch to stick to meat that's already been seared.

Second problem: The sugar syrup that made the sesame seeds stick to the cashews is also disrupting the ability of the cashews to stick to the meat. I'd try just using a mixture of toasted sesame and cashew, ground fine in the blender.

Best bet is to egg wash, then nuts, just like if you were doing it with a regular seasoned flour mixture.

I usually coat pork tenderloin in pistacios and never had a problem, I just pulse them until they are somewhat of a chunky type dust. season my pork with salt and pepper and some olive oil and just roll the tenderloin back and forth over the nuts until its all coated.

Back
Top Bottom