Onion Mustard Crusted Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Here's one that looks good. The mustard glaze ought to make it really flavorful.

Onion Mustard Crusted Pork Loin
Yields:

2# pork loin, trimmed of most of fat, boneless
3 T Dijon-style mustard
2 t soy sauce
1 T garlic, minced
½ onion, chopped
½ t rosemary
1 T olive oil

Place pork roast on a roasting rack in shallow pan. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, soy sauce, garlic, onion, rosemary and olive oil. Spread mixture over the entire roast. Roast, uncovered, at 350ºF for about 1 ¾ hours. Coat with any extra onion-mustard mixture during cooking. When the pork is done, slice and serve.
Good served with oven-roasted potatoes or spicy rice, green beans and a tossed salad with vinaigrette dressing.

I just saw this made on either America's Test Kitchen or Everyday food and it looked great. I'm going to make it very soon.

mudbug, I've decided that since I've got about 3K recipes on my HDD, it's time to start "showing the goods". :chef:

What's really wild, is that AFTER I posted that recipe, I noticed the PeppA has purchased a pork loin roast. Hmmmmm, the gears are starting to turn.......

Ok, I'm giving this one a try. I just realized I don't have any rosemary, and I don't have the money to buy some, so I'm just going to do without.

OMG!!!

*AllenMI drops to his knees and thanks the good Lord for providing this recipe

Oh man, this is great! It's a little strong, and a little salty, but that's nothing a little gravy wouldn't cure (mental note, make gravy next time, DO NOT use pan drippings). I was kind of in a hurry, so I bumped the oven temp up to 400°F. After 1 hour 15 minutes, the temp was 155°F, so I popped it back in for another 10 minutes. When it came out, the internal temp spiked at 170°F (I was shooting for 160°F). I let it rest for 15 minutes before carving. I cooked a 4 1/2 # loin roast, and it's freaking GONE! My kids went nuts on it! The twins wanted seconds (they rarely eat much at dinner, this is weird). Stephen has claimed the last slice, but I told him to wait until his g'ma finishes her plate. This roast is so tender, you DON'T need a knife to cut it. PeppA has already told me this is a definite "repeat". I wonder how long she'll wait until she buys another pork loin roast :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom