Oven BBQ Pork Ribs - one of my favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powfada

Assistant Cook
Barbecue Pork Ribs

It's an interesting method and you might be surprised at how it works.

INGREDIENTS:
* 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs, cut in serving-size pieces
* salt and pepper
* 1 lemon, thinly sliced
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* dash Tabasco sauce

PREPARATION: Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, meaty side down; season with salt and pepper. Roast at 425° for 35 minutes. Drain off excess fat; turn meaty side up. Top ribs with sliced lemon and onion. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and continue to roast ribs for 30 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and Tabasco in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and pour over ribs. Continue roasting ribs, basting occasionally, for 1 hour longer. Add more water if sauce gets too thick. Ribs recipe serves 4 to 6.

They sound great - I love ribs but only seem to have them cooked on a barbecue. Must try this recipe.

I only have 1.5 lbs of pork ribs. Anyone know how the cooking times would change?

I did ribs this weekend, and I did a long slow cook. Started the ribs at 225 (covered) for about 6 hours, and then took the lid off, added sauce and turned the heat to 350 for another hour to brown. Most of the fat cooked out and the ribs were meltingly delicious.

Barbecue Pork Ribs

It's an interesting method and you might be surprised at how it works.

INGREDIENTS:
* 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs, cut in serving-size pieces
* salt and pepper
* 1 lemon, thinly sliced
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* dash Tabasco sauce

PREPARATION: Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, meaty side down; season with salt and pepper. Roast at 425° for 35 minutes. Drain off excess fat; turn meaty side up. Top ribs with sliced lemon and onion. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and continue to roast ribs for 30 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and Tabasco in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and pour over ribs. Continue roasting ribs, basting occasionally, for 1 hour longer. Add more water if sauce gets too thick. Ribs recipe serves 4 to 6.

Try it on chicken!! add some pepperoni too.... wow
I do a similar recipe but I add some brown sugar and vinegar to just about for a sweet/sour thing...

I did ribs this weekend, and I did a long slow cook. Started the ribs at 225 (covered) for about 6 hours, and then took the lid off, added sauce and turned the heat to 350 for another hour to brown. Most of the fat cooked out and the ribs were meltingly delicious.

SG, that is similiar to the way I make mine. I give em a rubdown with a spice rub 1st thing in the morning and let them sit coverd in the fridge all day.

Then I raost em at 225 uncovered for 4-6 hours (4 for baby back, 6 for larger) then I finish them off 1 of 2 ways:

Spring/Summer/Fall: brush em the BBQ sauce and finish them off on the grill, a few minutes on each side

Winter: brush em with the BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler to brown off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom