Pork Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
I like to play around and use very cheap cuts of meat to make something super tasty. Just last night I found pork breasts for about $0.70/lbs so I got some.
So I know it’s the cut off spare rib tip lots of bones,etc but I think if I melt the meat down low and slow and make them like ribs they’ll be good. As well it’ll more or less be pulled pork for casseroles, stirfrys, etc.
I’m not expecting them to be a big thick meaty bite but yummy nonetheless.

Wondering if you guys have experience, thoughts or ideas on how to experiment with these.

Thanks

Check out some Korean recipes for pork neck bone soup..Gamjatang...depending on your area, you can make it spicy or not..you may not be able to find all of the authentic ingredients, but it may give you some inspiration to try your own flavors using the same technique

Last edited:
I like to use rib-tip meat that I've smoked to dice up and cook into things like beans.

Low and slow sounds like a good plan, as you would cook ribs. Smoking would be one way to do that.

CD

I would Braise that cut. Don't pull it! I like to sort of Knaw it off the bones!

Mit SaurKruat is good, or go Cagun on it!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Thanks guys. Never thought of Cajun. Stews stirfrys etc was a goal but I’ll check into those ideas.

I don’t usually do pork soup I usually do chicken or beef but maybe we’ll take a spin on it

Oh man, fatty, tough pork screams for a long slow cook in a garlic tomato sauce with diced onions, oregano, parsley, and a bit of fresh basil at the end.
Serve with a thick pasta like bucatini or rigatoni, top it with grated Locatelli, and a glass of cold white zin.

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm envious. I have Danish recipes that would work better with pork breast, but it's more expensive than pork loin around here.

First what’s the recipe?
Second who charges more for scrap fall off than tenderloin? That sounds kinda ridiculous

Last edited:
Fair enough. A large portion of my meat is raised on my parents farm or my sisters. So we get our choice of what cuts st what size we want and they cut it that way.

Good evening!
I have a question for you.
have you ever cooked pork sauce?
If you did it as cooked it?
I think to cook it in this way.
I would like to use different cuts of pork.
I would like to use minced meat to make meatbools. ALSO I would like to use t sausages and ribs.
About the preparation, I think that I will do in this way:
I fry celery, carrots , onion and garlic in olive oli, after pour homemade tomatoes sauce , cover the pot with a lid and simmer for three hours.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY RECIPE AND IT'S PREPARATION?
THERE ARE MISTAKEs?
ADVICES?
THANK YOU!

I have some pork I'm going to cut into chunks and stir in a mesquite mix that McCormack makes in an envelope. I then put the chunks on a cookie sheet and slow cook them for about an hour or more at 200° in the oven and put them in tortillas with cheese, onions, and sour cream. The pork is so tender it's like eating soft bread.

Good evening!
I would like to use minced meat to make meatbools. ALSO I would like to use t sausages and ribs.
I fry celery, carrots , onion and garlic in olive oli, after pour homemade tomatoes sauce , cover the pot with a lid and simmer for three hours.
THERE ARE MISTAKEs?
ADVICES?
THANK YOU!

Sounds like Sunday Gravy. You cook all the meat in the sauce and then remove the meat as one course and serve the sauce over pasta as another course.

I make a one pot dish that my German grandmother taught me. It uses sauerkraut and stock as a base. Then all the pork products, ribs, tenderloin, sausages and the veges get cooked in the base.

Good evening!
THERE ARE MISTAKEs?
ADVICES?
THANK YOU!
Hey there, this sounds just fine. I am more of a bbq sauces or sweet and sour, honey garlic, etc better than tomato sauce kinda guy just personally. But yes this sounds like it’d work out fine I do this with beef and chicken more the tomato makes things tender if you have tougher beef.

Hey there, this sounds just fine. I am more of a bbq sauces or sweet and sour, honey garlic, etc better than tomato sauce kinda guy just personally. But yes this sounds like it’d work out fine I do this with beef and chicken more the tomato makes things tender if you have tougher beef.

Cooking time is what makes tough cuts tender.

Cooking time is what makes tough cuts tender.

Very true! I have been told something in the tomato breaking down maybe the acid ? Helps as well. I don’t know for sure but either way I prefer tomato with beef and chicken

Long cpoking, be it true bbq (low and slow), or a braise as in a tomato sauce is a great way to go.

I often make pork rib ends, or shoulder chops, or even meaty neck bones in tomato sauce with onions and peppers. It's a cheaper but just as tasty version of veal and peppers.

Back
Top Bottom