Pork Chops in Onion Sauce..REC.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Pork Chops in Onion Sauce - REC

This is a favorite of my oldest son..He always asks for this when he wants comfort food.:LOL:

3-Tab. butter
5-med. onions, sliced thin
1/2-c.whipping cream
1-tea. sugar
1/2-c.a/p flour
4-pork chops 3/4in. thick
3-Tab. evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Melt butter in large skillet. When melted add onions. Cover and cook on med. heat till pale yellow. Stir in the cream and sugar. Cook about 2 min. longer. Dust the chops with the flour. Heat the evoo in a skillet large enough to hold the 4 chops. Add chops and cook til golden on each side. Then add chops to onion cream mixture, cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer 20 min or so til chops are tender. Season with salt and pepper, place on warm platter and spoon the onion cream sauce over the chops.

Serves 4

Enjoy,
kadesma

Last edited by a moderator:
pdswife said:
drooled
copied
pasted
:mrgreen: Totally! You took the words right out of my salvating mouth!

We just love pork chops, though I'm the onion lover in the house. Many thanks Kadesma, this looks wonderful!

Oh yummy!! DH loves pork. And since the birdflu hit the u.s. we'll probably be eating more of it :ROFLMAO: . Thank you kadesma!!

Thanks everyone. We usually have this when oldest son can join us..He just loves it..Being a guy who is into rasing, showing and selling cattle on the side..I was surprised the first time I made this and he just wolfed it down..He always kids me about the amount of beef I use in everyday coking, maybe once or twice a week:LOL:

kadesma

I'm trying to figure out how to make this using only one skillet. How about if I brown the chops first, set aside, and then use the same skillet to do the onion sauce?

That should work just fine, Constance. You will not be disappointed.
I actually double my cream and sugar for extra sauce, and I'm glad that I did. I loved it. I'm reaheating my leftovers for lunch as I type :eek:)

I make a similar recipe using both onions and mushrooms, so it would work. You can use this for chicken, pork or steak; they all come out very YUMMY!!!!

corazon90 said:
I'm not a big fan of onions, but the recipe looks too good to pass up. Do you think I could substitute with mushrooms? Or maybe cut down the onions and throw some mushrooms in too?
Hi Cora,
no reason you can't cut down the onion and add some muchrooms. Should be really good like that. I'd not remove all onion as that is your flavor, but usejust a little and the mushrooms..I think you'd like it like that.

kadesma:)

lindatooo said:
:chef: ditto PDswife's reply! If I hadn't already planned today's dinner we'd be having this! Thanks.
Thanks Linda,
We just had it again last night and it was good.

kadesma:)

FOUND IT!

No whipping cream though. Think if I tossed some skim milk powder in some 1% that would thicken it enough to work?

Back
Top Bottom