Pork Marsala rec: for Marge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Here it is Marge, use pork loin,boneless, slice it thin and then pound it, but you could use the bonless thin cut pork chops and pound them or even a tenderloin. Chicken works well too.
tonight I used a tenderloin
1-1/2 lbs. tnederloin, cut into thin slices
flour to dust meat
about 8 Tab. butter and a little evoo to keep butter from burning about 2 Tab.
2-shallots, minced
8-10 large mushrooms sliced thin
2/3 c. sweet marsala
1/3-c. chicken stock
4-cloves crushed garlic.
salt and pepper
2-3 Tab. chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish

Melt 4 tab. of butter and 2 of evoo in large skillet on med high heat, dredge your meat in flour and shake of excess, then saute til golden a few pieces at a time, place on baking sheet and keep warm in slow oven as you do the rest.It only takes about 2 min per side. When done place the meat in oven to keep warm.Pour off the fat from the skillet.
add the remaining 2 tab butter and saute the mushrooms, shallots and garlic over high heat til golden but not a dark brown.Stir in marsala and stock. Boil over high heat til slightly reduced. (because my kids love the sauce I don't reduce the sauce I then swirl in the last 2 Tab of butter, put the meat back into the skillet making sure to get some of the sauce on each piece of the meat. I then lightly season to taste with salt and pepper.When I put it on the serving platter I garnish with the parsley .
enjoy :)
Kadesma

kadesma, that's basically how I make Marsala.

One note thought, be careful when adding the Marsala, as it could flare up.

AllenMI said:
kadesma, that's basically how I make Marsala.

One note thought, be careful when adding the Marsala, as it could flare up.
Thanks Allen, I had that happen once, so now I take the pan off the heat before I add the marsala:LOL:
kadesma
Allen I see it's your birthday, hope it was wonderful.Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
:chef: What is evoo?

kadesma said:
Here it is Marge, use pork loin,boneless, slice it thin and then pound it, but you could use the bonless thin cut pork chops and pound them or even a tenderloin. Chicken works well too.
tonight I used a tenderloin
1-1/2 lbs. tnederloin, cut into thin slices
flour to dust meat
about 8 Tab. butter and a little evoo to keep butter from burning about 2 Tab.
2-shallots, minced
8-10 large mushrooms sliced thin
2/3 c. sweet marsala
1/3-c. chicken stock
4-cloves crushed garlic.
salt and pepper
2-3 Tab. chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish

Melt 4 tab. of butter and 2 of evoo in large skillet on med high heat, dredge your meat in flour and shake of excess, then saute til golden a few pieces at a time, place on baking sheet and keep warm in slow oven as you do the rest.It only takes about 2 min per side. When done place the meat in oven to keep warm.Pour off the fat from the skillet.
add the remaining 2 tab butter and saute the mushrooms, shallots and garlic over high heat til golden but not a dark brown.Stir in marsala and stock. Boil over high heat til slightly reduced. (because my kids love the sauce I don't reduce the sauce I then swirl in the last 2 Tab of butter, put the meat back into the skillet making sure to get some of the sauce on each piece of the meat. I then lightly season to taste with salt and pepper.When I put it on the serving platter I garnish with the parsley .
enjoy :)
Kadesma

Back
Top Bottom