Pork Nest with Egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I created this technique 3 mornings back, just playing with my food again:ROFLMAO:. I took a handfull of home made pork breadfast sausage and rolled it into a snake about the thickness of link sausage and about 10 inches long (these are approximate measurements). I formed the sausage into a ring, or doughnut shape. I then fried over medium heat until browned on one side, in a teflon pan (yikes! Goodweed didn't use his cast iron!) When I thought the meat sufficiently cooked, I flipped it and dropped a large, uncooked egg into the center. I then lightly seasoned the egg top with S & P, placed 3 tbs. water into the hot pan and covered it. I cooked it for about 3 mintues, or until the egg white was set. I put it on my plate and munched it down.

This was not only a unique presentation, but because the sausage (very lean) lended its seasonings to the egg, it was deliscious. I ate it with a piece of buttered toast. But this presentation lends itself to so much more. For instance: Place the cooked sausage/egg doughnut onto a shallow pool of Morney sauce; or place on an english muffin with, with, with, oh I can't remember the sauce name, but it goes on Eggs Benedict, spooned on top; or place on a round of buttered toast with..., Oh wait! Holindays Sauce (sp)... a slice of American or Swiss cheese melted on top; or put between two parts of a whole grain hamburger bun with some good pasta sauce, white or red; or... Well you get the picture. In the words of a one-time annoying comercial, "Try it. You'll like it.":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One more thing; I need a really good name for this thing, something that's playfully descriptive.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

How about Eggs in a pig basket :LOL: ...can you say that three times really fast...:blink:

Not to get off topic here but why couldn't you do the same thing with pancake batter instead of eggs?

That sounds soooo good. I love the taste of sausage, pancakes and syrup all together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom