Pork spare ribs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
On the masterbuilt web site they said to find out the ribs are done with an internal temp of 175-200, but I'm doing mine in the oven at 225f. for 4 hours and I stuck a meat probe in them so I can find out when I need to take them out or lower the temp some more.

Here's the site ( go to the cooking made simple videos )

Masterbuilt Turkey Fryer

Anyways they've been marinaded in the fridge for 3 hours like the video on the site said to do.

Anything else?

Yes, there is alot more. Dang MB site sucked on this one.:glare:

There is the 3-2-1 method, but it's not exact science. 3hrs in smoke, 2 in foil, 1 out of foil in smoke/or not in smoke. Add sauce during last 30 min.

Problem is that it never has worked for me. You gotta know when to do things. ONce the meat starts pull'n back off the rib tip ends at about 1/4" or so I put them in foil for no more than 30min. Then it's back in the smoke until they are done. Know'n when they are done takes practice. Use your tongs/gloves and hold one end up and if it looks like the meat is gonna break and pull/fall off....they might be a bit over done, but still good. I know, bad advise but you'll know when they are done, you'll do fine.

Different ways to trim spares also, st louis, whole, etc. Make sure you take the membrane off the bone side or all the above is wrong.

Good luck.

225* in your oven is fine...You want need to lower or raise it...I don' think 4 hours is gonna be quite long enough however...Start checking at 4 hours, but be prepared to go somewhere between 5 and 6....HTH

Fun!

Back
Top Bottom