Pork Stew meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I have some pork stew meat and several fresh veggies. I was thinking of making stew in the crock pot. Do any of you have other suggestions?

stew is stew up to a point, but one can change the flavorings...go central European with a goulash or parikash (onions, garlic,tomato, paprika (lots) red pepper, sour cream at the end to blend with the juices.) Or go Belgian with garlic onions and beer (bay leaf and thyme) thicken broth with a slurry (cornstarch or arrowroot)

whatever you do, stew meat needs long slow cooking for tenderness.

Cook it with chiles, cumin, Mexican oregano, bay leaf an some broth and shred it to make carnitas. A GREAT filling for tacos.

Crock pot makes it everything easy. Chop some onion, whatever other veggies you have; cut the meat into cubes put everything in the pot. If you have time, boil some water and pure it over, if not cold one will work just fine, just to barely cover the ingredients. Season with whatever seasoning you like. But Salt and pepper is a must. I personally like salt, cayenne pepper and paprika. Stir everything taste the water. Make sure it is seasoned to your liking, because that is what you will get in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom