REC - Green Chile Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Ok, I have not tried this recipe, but I thought that it sounded so good that I would share it with all of you. In fact, I am going shopping tomorrow and will buy the ingredients that I don't have on hand. I am not fond of large chunks of tomato in my dishes, so I probably will use diced tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes.

Green Chile Pork

3 lbs. boneless pork, cubed
1 tbsp. oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 cup chicken broth
1-4 oz. can diced green chiles
1-16 oz. can stewed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown pork cubes in oil in a large skillet until pork begins to brown. Add onions and cook until the onions are softened. Place pork and onions in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low until pork is tender about 8 hours. Shred the pork in the crockpot with two forks. Stir well to combine all the flavors. Serve with tortillas, cheese, guacamole, etc.

Sierra, I don't think you need to worry about the tomatoes. They will break down pretty well if they are in a crockpot for 8 hours.

Or, you could smoosh them thru your fingers to break them up (feels fun too) before adding to the mix.

Hi SC, I like pork with green chiles, my recipe calls for almost the same as yours with the addition of tomatillos, the canned ones.The tomatillos give the dish a little bit of a tartness that I like..My recipe calls for whole peeled tomatoes, and I don't like large chunks either so I either squish them with my hands or just dump in the diced tomatoes..does the same thing, just looks a little different..Both are yummy..
I bet you're going to love the finished dish, it's really good.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom