Roast Pork Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll bring the bread. italian, french, or polish?

p-top, what cut of pork is that roast? a boston butt? what is it roasting over?

We like sandwiches later clic on pic

Attachments

• bergere chair 014.jpg
    bergere chair 014.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
i'll bring the bread. italian, french, or polish?

p-top, what cut of pork is that roast? a boston butt? what is it roasting over?

It's a rolled tied 3.5 lb boneless roast (unspecified). I mixed marmalade, grainy mustard, minced garlic and toasted breadcrumbs. Roasted in the oven at 350 till thermomerter read 145. Leftovers tonight will be made into a stuffing for ravioli. :w00t:

It's a rolled tied 3.5 lb boneless roast (unspecified). I mixed marmalade, grainy mustard, minced garlic and toasted breadcrumbs. Roasted in the oven at 350 till thermomerter read 145. Leftovers tonight will be made into a stuffing for ravioli. :w00t:

Looks like a shoulder (butt) to me.

When I was cooking for the family, I would make for a Sunday dinner a fresh pork shoulder. Put it in the oven at 300ºF. before heading out to church. Then jack up the temp during the last hour. It always fell off the bone and was very moist. Toss in potatoes, carrots and other veggies during the last hour. Then next night it was open faced sandwiches. I always had to make extra gravy. Very rarely did I make any meat dish without gravy. That would be like making a chocolate cake without frosting. :yum:

Try this recipe if you want to roast a Bsoton butt. It results in a delicious, juicy roast.

Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder

1 Ea Pork Butt, 6 to 8 Lb.
[FONT=PC&#47749]⅓ C Kosher salt [/FONT]
[FONT=PC&#47749]⅓ C Light Brown Sugar [/FONT]
TT Ground Black Pepper
2-3 Tb Flour

If the roast is boned, tie it with string to a uniform shape.

Combine the salt and brown sugar in a bowl and rub it all over the pork shoulder and into the slits. Wrap the roast tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap, place it on rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.

Preheat the oven to 325º F.

Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position in the oven. Unwrap the roast and brush off any excess salt mixture. Season the roast with pepper. Place the roast onto a V-rack coated with nonstick cooking spray set in large roasting pan and add 1 quart of water to the roasting pan.

Cook the roast, basting it twice during cooking, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the roast, near but not touching any bone, registers 190º F, about 5 to 6 hours. Add water to the pan as needed to prevent its drying out.

Transfer the roast to a carving board and let it rest, loosely tented with foil, for 1 hour prior to carving.

To make a gravy, transfer the liquid in the roasting pan to a fat separator and let it stand.

Using 2-3 tablespoons of fat and an equal amount of flour, make a roux. Whisk in the de-fatted liquid from the roasting pan supplemented with chicken broth if necessary. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes to make the gravy.

Andy, that sounds fantastic. I've been craving a nice roast - since I'm heading to the grocery store soon, might just have to pick one up.

when i said you need to poke them to see when they're ready, you took me literally...

at least it was my idea to paint a big red x on the ones that kick...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom