Sweet & Spicy Country Style Pork Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
ken from a post I just made on my blog. I cooked these ribs up tonight, and they were very good. since most of you don't visit the blog, I'm sharing the recipe with you. It's simple, and tasty.:yum:

Well Casey, today’s lesson will prove to you that special diets don’t mean boring diets. We will be making sweet & spicy, Country Style ribs that are supremely tender and juicy.
Yes Raul; we are talking hot-spicy? Why it just so happens…
So, How are we going to do this? We will make them tender and juicy by braising them slowly in their own juices. We will add flavor with a wet rub.
I see a couple of hands up. You first, Doug. What’s braising?
Brasing is a cooking method done in a slow oven, between 220, and 300 degrees Farenheight. The meat is either partially, or completely submerged in a flavored broth, or water, with a lid placed on top of the cooking vessel. Another braising method is the one we will be using, where the meat is slathered with our wet rub, and sealed in foil, again cooking in a slow oven for four hours.
Ok, does that explain it well enough? Good. Next question What is a wet rub?
A wet rub consists of herbs, spices, and some kind of liquid, just enough to make a thin paste. The liquid can be water, prepared mustard, honey, or syrups. This is rubbed all over the meat before it is placed into the cooking container.
On with the ribs.
Tools: : mixing bowl, 9X 12 baking pan,foil,large spoon (tablespoon), heavy-duty aluminum foil
Wet Rub Ingredients:
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs. Hot chili powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tbs. Maple syrup
1.4 tsp. Granulated garlic powder
2 tbs. Water
Whisk together and let sit for 5 minutes.
Ribs:
3 large country style pork ribs
1 batch wet rub
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Place a two foot sheet of foil into your baking pan, pressing down the sides. . Rub the wet rub all over the ribs. Place each one into the pan. Fold the foil ends together, and crimp to seal. Press the sides together and crimp to seal. Place into the oven and set timer for 4 hours.
When the timer sounds, remover the ribs from the oven, carefully open the foil, as you will still be using it. Turn off the oven.
Remove the ribs from the pan and onto a clean plate. Pour the juices from the foil into a saucepan. Place the ribs back into the foil-lined pan, reseal, and put back into the oven to stay hot.
Add 1 cup of water, and a half cup of Orzo, or you favorite pasta shape into the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or al dente. Serve with the ribs, and steamed green beans. Yum!
May your hot things be served hot, your cold things be served cold, and your Gouda be served at room*temperature.
There is no success outside of the home that justifies failure within the home.
Seeeeeya Chief Longwind of the North

Here's a picture of the result, served with Cavatapi noodles cooked in rib, sauce and water, with baby peas. After the pasta was removed from the pan, the water was evaporated until a thick sauce was formed. The sauce was stirred into the pasta to add extra flavor. I like the meaty goodness of country style ribs, which actually come from the pork shoulder. Hope you like the above posted recipe.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• Country Style Ribs.jpg
    Country Style Ribs.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom