Yorkshire pork chops for Texas Rec:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Texas,
here you go...
1-large apple
3-4 Tab. veggie oil
4- 1-1/2 inch thick pork chops, I use boneless loin
1-c. milk
3-eggs
1-c. flour, a/p
2-tab. melted butter
1/2-tea. salt
warm apple sauce
Preheat oven to 425 peel and core apple, then slice into 4 thick rings. Heat 3 Tab. of the oil in skillet, (use skillet with ovenprook handle ) on moderatley high heat. Quickly brown your apple rings about 1 min on each side, remove from pan. If needed add the last Tab. of oil to pan..Add chops and brown them on each side about 1 min.. Remove from heat and top each chop with an apple ring.Whisk together the milk,eggs,flour,butter,and salttil nice and smooth. Pour batter into the pan with the chops and bake about 25 min. or til golden and puffy. Serve right away from same pan, with warm apple sauce.This is similar to popovers or yorkshire pudding, it should balloon up around the chops. The top will become brown and crisp and the bottom will remain soft and puddinglike inside.
Enjoy friend:)

kadesma

pdswife said:
Copied, pasted, printed, planned for dinner Sunday night.

YUMMMERS!
Glad you like..It's one of my favorites, it has to be the yorksihre part, I'm a bread nut:LOL:

kadesma

This is very different from anything I have ever made. I will definitely have to try it! Thanks Kadesma!

:) Barbara

Hi Barb,
yes it is different..The first time I saw it, I had my doubts..But it's become one we really enjoy.

kadesma:)

Oh thank you thank you thank you!! This sounds wonderful. Will have to try it out for the critic's this weekend!!

texasgirl said:
Oh thank you thank you thank you!! This sounds wonderful. Will have to try it out for the critic's this weekend!!
Your welcome Texas:) Hope you all like it.

kadesma

Kadesma
This is a sort of 'pig in the hole' version of 'toad in the hole'! I'll certainly try it sometime. :)

buckytom said:
kadesma, i'm at a loss of words this sounds so good! thanks...
will be making this soon.
Thanks Bucky,
I hope you like it:)

kadesma

Ishbel said:
Kadesma
This is a sort of 'pig in the hole' version of 'toad in the hole'! I'll certainly try it sometime. :)
Hi Ishbel,
I never even thought of toad in a hole..:LOL: I hope you enjoy it if you have a chance to try it.

Piccolina said:
Mouth watering, this sounds like perfect comfort food to me - thank-you Kademsa! :)
You're welcome Piccolina..It's pretty good when you want something homey and something that reminds you of your mom.

WAS going to make this tomorrow, but, didn't see the ovenproof pan. I no longer have one. What else can I use? Can I just transfer it to a baking pan?

texasgirl said:
WAS going to make this tomorrow, but, didn't see the ovenproof pan. I no longer have one. What else can I use? Can I just transfer it to a baking pan?
Texas,
I don't see why not..If I were making a large amount I'd have to transfer to a baking dish.. I think, I'd use a glass one and use a cooking spray first. That should work, as long as it's deep enough.

Let me tell you. This stuff is FANTASTIC!!!
dh didn't like the yorkshire park. He just ate the chops. Me and the boys loved it all though!! Thanks kadesma!!

This looks fab! My hubby hails from London and his mum taught me to cook a proper Sunday dinner, including yorkshire pud! My hubby is out of town til friday, so I think I will surprise him w/this yummy looking alternative to traditional beef roast and yorkshire pudding! - Jennifer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom