Garlic/herby lamb with rosemary potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
2 bulbs of garlic
1 tsp coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Juice of half a lemon
4tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
2tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 boneless shoulder of lamb
700g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm dice
150ml red wine
125ml vegetable stock
1tsp cornflour blended with a little cold water
Crush 1 garlic bulb and the salt in a mortar with a pestle. Add the pepper, lemon juice, 2tbsp of olive oil, mint and 1tbsp of the rosemary. Mix together well. Press the mixture as far into the rolls of the lamb as possible. Place in a roasting tin and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Place the potatoes into a second roasting tin with the remaining olive oil and rosemary. Season well then toss to coat thoroughly. Put the remaining garlic bulb in the roasting tin with the lamb. Place the lamb and potatoes in a preheated oven 200°C, gas mark 6 for 50-60 minutes. Turn the potatoes occasionally until they are golden and crisp.
Transfer the lamb to a carving board. Pour the excess fat from the roasting tin and place the tin on the hob. Squeeze the softened garlic into the tin. Pour in the wine and heat, scraping to remove the sediment from the tin. Allow to bubble and reduce by half. Stir in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour and simmer, stirring until thickened. Serve with the lamb and potatoes.

YUM! Sounds fabulous as usual Ishbel.

I have never understood why mint goes with lamb though. I have never enjoyed the flavours together. I always thought that such a strong flavour was used to disguise slightly off meat once upon a time. I think I would try this without the mint and see how it went.

I love mint with lamb! I even add it to redcurrant glazes and sauces to serve with lamb.

i have a boneless leg of lamb in the freezer that just found out how she's gonna be prepared. thanks ishbel!!!!!

Sounds so good! We have a freezer full of lamb so I'll
save this recipe for next time Paulie wants some.
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom