Need Main dish/Novice lamb dish (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need a main dish (merged)

Tonight I will be serving a nice cab with mashed potatoes and then a chocolate cake for desert. I have yet to pick a main dish and am looking for recommendations. Keep in mind my novice skill level, and I should have about two hours available.

Thanks!

A nice rib eye steak would be my choice. It is easy to make, goes well with your other items, and fits well within your time frame.

If there is much better than a well roasted chicken I don't know about it.

I'm feeling pretty good about the lamb. How should I prepare it? What about a sauce or something?

The grill may not be an option.

I agree with the roasted chicken..... or Swiss Steak.

I'm making lamb to serve with a nice cab, mashed potatoes, and a chocolate cake.

Grilling was recommended but that may not be viable today. Also, I have no idea how to prepare it or what to season it with.

Recommendations?

I always use stud my meat with garlic and then rub with olive oil and spinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.

If you bake it in the oven.. put some potatoes around your cut of meat and baste with the juices!! YUMMMMY!!!!!!!

That sounds simple and effective. How long would you bake it for and at what temperature?

When I say that I am novice I mean it!

oh goodness!!!
I'm at work and the recipe is at home. I THINK... I start it at about 425 for 20 minutes or so and then turn the oven down to 325 until it's done... about an hour or so??

I use a large leg of lamb when I do this. What cut are you thinking of using??

use an instant read thermometer...lamb is great med rare and that's at 137*F . Plus you'll get carry over cooking. Is it a leg? bone in or out? no bone cooks more quickly. If you want it more well done you can take it to 150F , but it is milder if more rare. I like it both ways.

Yes root veggies around you roast is a plus...potatoes carrots quarter onions etc.

chop up some garlic, parsley, oregano, olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper.....rub all over lamb and if possible let it marinate for a good while....if not, at least let it get to room temp. before you start cooking it.

Back
Top Bottom