Quick Q on Roast Lamb, making it nowish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rom

Sous Chef
I have a quick q, I am making a roast lamb as part of dinner tomorrow night.
If I want to marinate the lamb with garlic, rosemary and oil tonight and leave it for for tomorrow do I leave the salt until just before i put it in the oven? Or can I put it now? There is a layer of the fat/skin whatever on it, I leave it on right? Just make deep incisions and stick the garlic and suff in yeah?

I will go and make some meatballs (mixture), canneloni (mixture) and chicken kebabs while i see if anyone is around :) Then i will make the lamb. It's midnight here is Australia...I knew I should've done this before :S LOL

Thanks for reading!!!!!!

I am making coconut burfi as well....never did that...hope it tastes alright, its the shortened/cheats version lol

Hi, Rom. Most marinades contain salt, so I think you could include it now. What cut of lamb are you using? That might make a difference as to whether you leave on the fat/skin layer. I would probably leave it on, so that as the fat renders while the roast cooks, it keeps the meat moist.

Yes, make incisions and put your marinade ingredients in them. I made a leg of lamb once and had the butcher remove the bone, so I could unroll the meat, rub the marinade on a large, flattish piece of meat, then roll it back up, wrap in plastic wrap, and leave to marinate overnight. It was great :chef:

I'd leave the salt for later. Make your karinade with the garlic, rosemary and oil and perhaps some fresh gorund black pepper.

Salt the meat just before putting on to cook.

It's 2.3kg Roast Lamb Leg GotGarlic, i got mine from the supermarket...no deboning going on over here LOL

Ahhh yes....black pepper was thinking bout that, thanks for reminding me Andy M :)

Back
Top Bottom