Rack of Lamb in Orlando

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Last week I was in Orlando doing the whole Disney thing and the crew I was with went to a all you eat mexican buffet resturant that also had a steak resturant in the same space...
my favorite thing in a mexican resturant are the chips and salsa... if they can do a good job of making those 2 in house there is a good chance they can get everything else right...

but after checking out the menu I saw rack of lamb. I don't think I'd ever had rack of lamb in a resturant before... being on vacation I figured it was time to be adventerous so I ordered it.

I woofed down the whole rack and sucked the bones clean. It was some of the best lamb I had ever had. How can I describe it. It was juicy but not wet perhaps succulent would be the best term. I could taste a hint of butter, it had some crusty, I guess the best term would be fond... but i think fond is whats left in the pan, it was seasoned but not overly much so...

How can I make something like this at home. Is coating a piece of lamb with butter better... more flavorful than using olive oil?

Dry rubbing meat... right now I get more mortar and pestle and grind up whatever spices I am trying to coat meat with and then put the result in a shaker can, but do you really have to rub it in to get that dry rub result?

And I know the answer to this question is somewhere in the lamb section, but is the end all be all combination of herbs for lamb? The things I need to have in the cupboard ready to season with?

Back
Top Bottom