1st Day Out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Finally got to get out & hunt after hurting my knee. Saw lots of doe's with fawns then this guy walked out just before dark...

img_1398046_0_711fc3e499f2660b200ff94097735ca9.jpg

img_1398046_1_4cece8ee07f78aa27f52e289cae1b791.jpg

img_1398046_2_1185bfa66e6bc2438d22bda9d1622612.jpg

He knew you were calling. That's a good size rack. Congratulations on your first kill of the season. How many are you allowed to take? I noticed your tag. :angel:

Thank you Addie, I have 4 tags + an elk tag.

Is that the limit you are allowed to take, or the amount of tags you buy? Each state is different. We have a big deer problem up on the North Shore and the tree huggers refused to allow the town to sponsor a deer season. They are doing a lot of damage to private property. :angel:

Nice looking buck. He'll be feeding you for a while. I see a venison and wild mushroom pizza in your future.

Thank you Addie, I have 4 tags + an elk tag.

You are welcome. When I lived in Texas, in the front of the house we lived in was a store that processed animals that were shot in season. When he wasn;t there I would record the kill and process the animal. The first time I saw a buck, the antlers were real tiny along with the animal. At first I thought it was a baby. I asked the man that processed them if they were allowed to shoot baby animals in Texas. He informed me that it was a full grown buck. I explained to him that our animals in Mass. grew a heck of a lot bigger. He told me that the feed up north was more plentiful and more nutritious than in Texas. Made sense to me. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom