Anyone ever try caribou?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting, I have had moose more times than any other game, and I found it to be the best game meat I ever had. Loved it.

Oh I liked the moose Charlie. :yum: I just liked the caribou better. Might have been because it was closer to the white tail I'm used to eating.

Bow season has started so I'm wishing the folks I let hunt luck so my freezer fills up. ;)

I also wish there was a fall turkey season here. Last weekend I had a nice Tom 10 feet from my front door. And if it was season I'd have been starting a thread asking for ideas from you folks. :chef:

If the carcass is gutted quickly after being shot and the meat is handled carefully, I don't find a "gamey" taste. I have eaten moose, deer, caribou, bear, partridge, snowshoe hare.

On the highlighted animals, you also have to remove the musk gland on the males. Failure to do so could possibly ruin the whole meat of the animal. :angel:

At a restaurant called the Carnivore in Nairobi, Kenya, I ate zebra, wildebeast(gnu) and ostrich. They were all BBQ'd and had similar taste

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom