Butchering - Venison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums960-picture5673.jpg
39817-albums960-picture5677.jpg
Top pic: butterfly stk, jerkey, pepper stk, knuckle roast, tri-tip, cube stk. Bottom pic: top, butterfly stk, tri-tip, cube stk & jerkey. This is from 1 hind quater.

Last edited:
Looking good S&P ! Togarashi spice blend. What is its flavor profile like, besides the chilies. I got to look for this.

Love deer jerky. A friend usually shares some, judiciously I might add. He seems to collect lots of friends during deer hunting season.

Shichimi Togarashi
3 or 4 Tbsp crushed dried Japanese chilies
1 Tbls dried orange peel
2 tsp each black & white sesame seeds
1 tsp sichuan pepper
1 tsp shredded nori (sea weed)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
This is a typical recipe for togarashi. The one ingredient missing is 1 tsp of marijuana seeds, which of course my not be legal in some areas.

Shichimi Togarashi

You can make your own blend. And here I thought I was only looking at deer pics today. I saw it pre-packaged on line. I read it is good with salmon too. Now I will have to read up about Japanese chilies. Otherwise, (ahem) I have all the other ingredients.

Shichimi Togarashi

You can make your own blend. And here I thought I was only looking at deer pics today. I saw it pre-packaged on line. I read it is good with salmon too. Now I will have to read up about Japanese chilies. Otherwise, (ahem) I have all the other ingredients.

You can sub any hot chili pepper.

Back
Top Bottom