For Luckytrim........Baked Coon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Ok.......before I post this I want it to be know I never........I mean never ever ate this in my life nor do I ever plan to.....LOL! I found it when I was going through my moms recipe box. Its not in her hand writing so I suspect my dad probably brought it home one day. But I know mom and she would not of dreamed of fixing this no matter how good a cook she was.

BAKED COON WITH CORNBREAD AND DRESSING AND SWEET POTATOES

On top of stove parboil coon in 1/2 pint vinegar with bay leaves, red pepper and salt to remove wild taste. Remove coon, place in roaster and season with salt and red pepper. Bake in oven set at 325 degrees. When meat begins to feel tender stuff with cornbread dressing and place sliced sweet potatoes around the sides of the coon. Continue cooking until coon and sweet potatoes are very tender. (Mrs. Randle says the coon has to cook for two to four hours depending on the age and size). :sick:

thanks!
(((copy and paste)))
Coon, Baked
Take 5 pounds dressed coon and put it into a 1 gallon ziplock bag. Add meat
tenderizer,
Dales Sauce (? i used KC masterpiece)), and 2 cups Sasparilla. Let it stay in the bag for 8 hours at least
and then
transfer the carcass to the stock pot. Add one gallon of water, 1 stick of butter, 1
tsp.
garlic, and salt to taste. After cooking one to one-and-a-half hours remove and let
cool
and remove bones. Chop up 10 pieces of bacon, one small onion, and salt to
taste. Let
bacon pieces fry until almost done and then add the coon meat. After cooking for
minutes serve with wild rice.​

Back
Top Bottom