Goose Liver Pate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Five layers, Kathleen. I give them the winter off and am missing their eggs already.
The pigeon just showed up one day last August. He was a lost racing pigeon and the owner didn't want him back, so I started taking care of it because it won't eat anything but seed and kept hanging around. I guess from being hand raised. He's the property mascot now, lol.

Five layers, Kathleen. I give them the winter off and am missing their eggs already.
The pigeon just showed up one day last August. He was a lost racing pigeon and the owner didn't want him back, so I started taking care of it because it won't eat anything but seed and kept hanging around. I guess from being hand raised. He's the property mascot now, lol.

How do you give them the winter off from laying? How do they know?

To keep it OT: Hard-cooked eggs sure are good with pate.

They stop laying when the days get shorter. If I kept some artificial light going on a timer they'd keep laying, but they would burn out more quickly. And since I'm not into the whole raising chickens for food thing, I'd just as soon keep the hens I already have laying as long as they can.

They stop laying when the days get shorter. If I kept some artificial light going on a timer they'd keep laying, but they would burn out more quickly. And since I'm not into the whole raising chickens for food thing, I'd just as soon keep the hens I already have laying as long as they can.

I agree! I'd raise them for eggggggggggs!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom