Anniversary Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I am so excited. :) This weekend is my parents 40th. wedding anniversary party. We are having it at one of our favorite restaurants, The Sierra Valley Lodge in Calpine, CA. For dinner the guests have a choice of prime rib, chicken marsala, and battered prawns (mine and my mom's favorite). My dad's favorite is the prime rib. :) On the side is creamy chicken florentine soup, bread, vegetable, green salad, etc. My mom had the local bakery make the cake. It is a white cake with a custard filling with strawberries on top.

The best thing is that my grandfather came from Wichita, Kansas for the party. It is so good to see him.

My parents will be married for 40 years on May 27th. Isn't that wonderful. I am so lucky to have such great parents.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend.
P.S. Don't forget to give your signficant other a hug and tell them how much you love them. :wub:

BIG HUGS and congrats to your parents sc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, 40 years. sounds like it's gonna be a great party. (hmmm, just what did those poor shrimp do to you? :chef: )

awwwwww - that all sounds great SC - especially the part about your grandfather being there. You/they/everyone will have a great time - what a special occasion!!! Have fun and let us know how everthing went.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
It's nice to see a couple stick through all the good and the bad.
I've been married for 20 years,(got married at 16 too, they said that it would never last, haha) will I make it another 20??? I hope so ;)

buckytom said:
BIG HUGS and congrats to your parents sc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, 40 years. sounds like it's gonna be a great party. (hmmm, just what did those poor shrimp do to you? :chef: )

All they have to do is float by the fisherman's net!! :LOL: Shrimp in any form is one of my favorite foods. My mouth is watering already just thinking about them, bucky.

I forgot to mention that on Sunday morning my family is hosting breakfast for the out of towners that come at the restaurant where my mom works. We thought that it was the least we could do for them driving all that way. My mom's brothers are coming and we have not seen them for a couple of years. :)

SierraCook said:
I forgot to mention that on Sunday morning my family is hosting breakfast for the out of towners that come at the restaurant where my mom works. We thought that it was the least we could do for them driving all that way. My mom's brothers are coming and we have not seen them for a couple of years. :)

That is really cool of ya'll to do. I bet your weekend is going to be a BLAST!! Have a great time!

40 years is great! Have a great celebration!!! Make sure to come back and let us know how the food was!

My wife and I will clelebrate our 34th on May 24th... The first 5yrs seem long, the last 29 just zipped away.. Congrats to your folks....

Later

If I was your mom, and read your posting, I would smile ear to ear.
It is so nice to see someone who truly adores their family.

I hope you all have a wonderful meal and even better memories!

Maybe you could post a photo :)

Paul and I were only with SC for a short lunch and I think her family feels the same way about her..the apple never falls far from the tree...
Marge

Dove said:
Texasgirl,
My brother gave us 6 months..
we had our 50th last November.
Marge

That's WONDERFUL!!!
You just never know. We are the only ones that are left of all of our friends that are still married to the same person.
We went through a LOT of stuff the first 10 years and it seemed that I wouldn't be able to go any further, but, now, I'm so glad that I did. You have to take the bad to be able to enjoy the good. I see so many people now that get married and just can't handle the work that it takes to keep the marraige going and just give up.(NOT speaking of the spouses that are abused) Just the ones that get bored with it. Oh well, I'm glad of the lessons that I've learned, it's made me a better person and wife.

also, anyone can tell that by the way Sierra talks of the love in the family, that, the family has to be wonderful to raise a child that thinks so much of family and friends!!

Sierra, have a wonderful time! Congrats to your folks on 40 years. The food (especially the shrimp) sound wonderful. (Another shrimp lover here.) Your enthusiasm is contagious. Come back & share all. (Save me a shrimp? lol)

(40 years? they look too young!)
Sierra, they look so happy! Probably 'cause they were enjoying time with their daughter!!

The sunset looks almost like a backdrop, as it is so stunning!

Best wishes to your parents and entire family Sierra from all of us on this side of the big lake.

GBY mate for sharing.
13_1_205.gif

I hope you and everyone enjoys your weekend, and your plans are not "dampened." (I won't mention the four letter word)

My PIL are on 49, my P are not with us.

Sierra, how wonderful..I hope you all have a special love and fun filled party...Congratulations to you Mother and Father..

big hugs to all of you:)
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom