Beautiful Charleston pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We camped on an island off Charleston some time ago, had the best meal in a small restaurant in Charleston, it was a whole fish you ate one side of and then turned over and ate the other side. Charleston is beautiful we enjoyed touring it.

I miss going to Charleston. We used to go every year for vacation when I was growing up & stay on the Isle of Palms. The last time I went was right after Hugo hit & my mom was down there working with the Red Cross. We got clearance to go into all the restricted areas. It is a very beautiful place, thanks for sharing the pics with us marmalady, brings back some great memories!:)

Marmalady I look forward to visiting your fine city I don't live to far away just far enough not to have been there yet !
I also need to visit crewsk's town as well. Pageland however well not much going on here! but boy within 2 to 3 hours theres all kinds of thing to see ! :rolleyes:

Maidrite, there's not a lot to see here either. No red lights (not even a flashing caution light), 1 gas station, & a pretty nice produce stand is about it.

i heard that norris was getting a clothing store dedicated to pants. all kinds of pants: blue jeans, dress slacks, trousers, chinos, dockers, lederhosen, culottes, capri's, clam diggers, kahkis, etc...

Crewsk if that is it I am living in a boomtown cause we have 8 gas stations a pizza hut, KFC, Subway,Burger king,Bojangles,Hardees,Jin'Jin, and about 14 other restaurants, plus about 50 other businesses.

You are so right..it is a beautiful city. I havent seen any part of the Carolina's that isn't..
Spice,
Could that have been Catfish or Flounder you ate?? I love Flounder and the best I have ever eaten is at the Harbour House in Hickory N.C. (right Elf!) and I HATE fish...go figgure..
Marge~Dove

Last edited:
Maidrite said:
Crewsk if that is it I am living in a boomtown cause we have 8 gas stations a pizza hut, KFC, Subway,Burger king,Bojangles,Hardees,Jin'Jin, and about 14 other restaurants, plus about 50 other businesses.

Yep, that's about it Maidrite. There are 2 homestyle restaurants right next to each other that are owned by the same family. I've never been to either one of them, they just don't look all that appetizing from the outside. Sounds like you live in a town about the size of the one we moved from. It is a small mill town but they have several businesses & restaurants.

Dove I don't like fish either and was really surprised at how good it was. Just asked Dh and he said it might have been flounder. The park we camped at was a state park. It was about 6 years ago and my memory is fuzzy. (At my age everything is fuzzy) :LOL:

Charleston is very beautiful. My dh and I spent some time there last year and I want to go back someday. My daughter and her family vacation at Sullivan's Island every summer with another couple and their children. They love the area.

What beautiful pictures! I have been to Fort Sumter, the Slave Market, Rainbow Row, and around the downtown area. I can't wait to go back again so my husband can see it.

Crewsk, our town (Pageland) has about 3,000 people. We are on the highway leading from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach, so there are quite a few places to eat, gas stations, etc.
:) Barbara

Last edited:
Spring is my favorite time here - the flowers just knock you out they're so gorgeous!

And now we're in the beginning of the Spoleto Festival, so have to watch out for all the tourists who don't know which way they're going, lol!

We actually live in Mt Pleasant, right across the Cooper River from Charleston; it's where Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island are, both resort as well as residential areas; folks who golf say the best golfing in the US is here.

And if you're a CIvil War buff, well - there's noplace else to go but Charleston! Some of the houses downtown still have cannon balls in the walls!

Back
Top Bottom