Charles and Camilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Is anyone going to watch the wedding tomorrow? Seems so strange, funeral today and wedding tomorrow! It must be love as to what lengths he went to get her. After all this, hope they have happiness. Wish them the best.

nope not watching it. don't like him or her. i did watch it when he married diana though. watched her funeral too. but as far as camilla goes... i'd rather not see it.

I'd rather face my .......what was that title again Luvs......"Your Most Bizarre Fear" . But then again if I wanted to catch a nap on the couch this would be the best sleep medicine as they are the most boring public figures I think I've ever encountered. I'm glad Diana left his sorry butt and at least she did get to experience some fun in her adult life.

I won't watch.. but, not because I don't like them. I'm just not interested in the Royals. I am glad though that after all these years they get to be together the way that they want to be.

I certainly won't be watching, and I lay a bet that my reaction will be echoed throughout Scotland :mrgreen:

Ishbel said:
I certainly won't be watching, and I lay a bet that my reaction will be echoed throughout Scotland :mrgreen:
ishbel the queen probably feels the same way lol. she is NOT happy about it. then again she wasn't happy about diana either.

middie said:
nope not watching it. don't like him or her. i did watch it when he married diana though. watched her funeral too. but as far as camilla goes... i'd rather not see it.

I agree with you middie. I don't like either of them. :mad:

I did like Diana.

I never liked Prince Charles, and do not like Camilla at all. So, I will watch it on tv whenever, but only to see the farse that it is. Prince must travel from Rome, then get married, and do that at the town hall, and have a small party, without queen mom or dad in attendance, and I would guess Prince William who is ring barrer is going to have a tough go at this. Where is Harry is all this?

As I understand it, Chuck has lived the life of a roue.

Finally, when he became about thirty, papa Phil called him in and told him it was time to become a legal stud for a change and sire a future monarch.

"It's your job, son. We need an heir and a spare. Go to it lad."

And so Chucky was launched on a search to find a bride with royal blood who was also, well, how do I say this, pure. The royals actually, as I understand it, have the damsel examined by a royal physician to verify that status. :rolleyes:

Has any physician ever declared a contestant not a damsel? Heck if I know, but I doubt it. (There are a lot of physicians out there who would be happy to take the place of a doc who was, well, shall we say, being too thorough.):ohmy:

Anyway she had to be someone who could pass the laugh test in the maidenly category.

Charlie, having spent the better part of his adult life depleting the royal ladies of their, um, youthful status, had a problem.

Luckily he found Diana, young, pretty and apparently certifiable by the royal physician.

And so he married the fair maid, satisfied his raison d'etre, and went back to his first love, catting about, apparently whenever possible with the married Camilla.:shock:

Now C&C are going to be wed.

Will I watch it? Maybe.

Ain't no other soaps on Saturday.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I find this thing rather ridiculuous - first they live in unwedded lust then they confess publically to millions on TV then they run off and live in wedded bliss. WOW, that was amazing to hear on our news here (short version, just showed 90 second blip). I always thought the English were so conservative. Too much made over nothing. I feel for Charles' two sons.

Good Lord, Auntdot! It really is a soap opera, isn't it? Thankfully, the title of 'King' is only a ceremonial one, otherwise we all might be in trouble! Who knows what he might decide to do? Charles is wierd, no doubt about it.

I watched it this morning. William seemed ok at the "blessing" but Harry was a bit like ants in his pants, and Camilla looked a bit like a deer in the headlights as well at times. Must have been an interesting reception. Oh to be a fly on the wall. The queen also looked a bit uneasy.

This is a quote from an MSNBC story today: "The wedding capped a decades-long love affair that endured the prince's first marriage to Princess Diana and constant tabloid scrutiny." Isn't it nice to know (for those who don't know me, yes I am being facetious) that their affair "endured" his marriage to Princess Diana? I could definitely have thought of a better way to put that! Sheesh!

:) Barbara

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom